• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims summons 1a Scotland Cabot - please can someone help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims summons 1a Scotland Cabot - please can someone help

Hi

sorry I posted this in the welcome section by accident.

I wonder if someone can give me some help as I am really upset and don't know where to turn.

Not sure how much I should post on a public forum, (I've read the info about adding dates etc but not sure if Scotland is the same) so I will keep it brief but can give more info if needed.

Sheriffs officers served a small claims court summons regarding a debt that Cabot have bought.

I have been instructed to complete a form giving information regarding my intentions and to return completed form.

I have had no communication prior to this summons.

many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Small claims summons 1a Scotland Cabot - please can someone help

Just like to add that I've been reading advice on this forum (for most of the night!) but really don't know where to start. There's some really helpful posts but nothing that I've been able to relate exactly to my situation.

I think I've to request more information from Cabot such as the original agreement but can't find the correct letter templates (maybe something to do with my head being in such a mess). Don't want to do anything that could potentially make this worse, but know I've to respond soon.

I'd be extremely grateful for any advice

Comment

Originally posted by drowningindebt View Post
      Hi

sorry I posted this in the welcome section by accident.

I wonder if someone can give me some help as I am really upset and don't know where to turn.

Not sure how much I should post on a public forum, (I've read the info about adding dates etc but not sure if Scotland is the same) so I will keep it brief but can give more info if needed.

Sheriffs officers served a small claims court summons regarding a debt that Cabot have bought.

I have been instructed to complete a form giving information regarding my intentions and to return completed form.

I have had no communication prior to this summons.

many thanks in advance
      Good morning, welcome to LB,

You can post a copy of the summons after removing all personal information/ claim number i.e anything that identifies you.

Do you recognise the alleged debt?
      Who was the original creditor?
      What type of account was this?

nem
      How much is owed?
      Do you know the default date/ or date of last payment/acknowledgment of the debt?

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Amount pursued is for £2350 with interest of 8% and relates to an overdraft debt on a Halifax current account. the overdraft was requested online.

default date is April 2013, last acknowledgment and payment was approx July 2012. although the document states that last payment was April 2013, which is incorrect.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Amount pursued is for £2350 with interest of 8% and relates to an overdraft debt on a Halifax current account. the overdraft was requested online.

default date is April 2013, last acknowledgment and payment was approx July 2012. although the document states that last payment was April 2013, which is incorrect.
          No mileage in the status of the debt in regards to limitations then.

Have you acknowledged /responded to the summons?

I am not very familiar with the Scottish Civil Law procedures I will see if anyone with more knowledge than I can help further.

nem

Comment

No I've not acknowledged or responded to the summons yet but understand I will have to do so.

Thanks again for replying.

Comment

Hi, can anyone help?

Comment

Hi, can anyone help?
                I am trying to find someone with relevant knowledge for you.

I think you should acknowledge service of the summons and intention to defend.
                [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] any ideas please.

nem

Comment

Thank you

Comment

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/S/f...s/Default.aspx
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying. As far as I'm aware statute barred doesn't apply yet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X