• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons and Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons and Cabot

So today I sent a CCA to Cabot and CPR letter to Restons. I did wonder if there would be any point in sending HBOS a SAR? Or would all of the paperwork etc have been handed over to Cabot do you think?

Anyway, I full expect Cabot and Reston's to come out with some cleverdick claptrap so let's see.

Both letters sent recorded 1st class and another £1 PO with the CCA request. I actually think Restons did me a favour returning my CCA I sent to them, there can be no denial that I sent it now can there :taunt:

Thanks

Sad

Comment

Originally posted by Sadsack View Post
      So today I sent a CCA to Cabot and CPR letter to Restons. I did wonder if there would be any point in sending HBOS a SAR? Or would all of the paperwork etc have been handed over to Cabot do you think?

Anyway, I full expect Cabot and Reston's to come out with some cleverdick claptrap so let's see.

Both letters sent recorded 1st class and another £1 PO with the CCA request. I actually think Restons did me a favour returning my CCA I sent to them, there can be no denial that I sent it now can there :taunt:

Thanks

Sad
      Check for the date signed for and get a copy of the signature it's time to stop Crabots nonsense.

nem

Comment

Yes I just screen grabbed the signature from the first CCA request I sent to Restons too.

I will check the other 2 tomorrow.

Comment

Hi

Can someone just clarify something for me please? I need to enter my defence by the end of this week so do I just enter this online with MCOL? What about any supporting paperwork I have, what do I do with that?

Thanks

Sad

Comment

OK so I've just sent off my defence (top tip - if you enter your defence online then copy and paste into a word doc because I pressed on their 'save' button and the whole lot had disappeared. Good job I copied it, phew).

In my defence I basically said that I didn't know what the amount was for so didn't know what part of CCA applied (if at all), the claimant had failed to follow pre-action protocol, I haven't received any documents from either Cabot or Restons, Cabot don't have a license to collect debts according to FCA so I said I needed all proof including proof of their license to carry out debt collecting activities.

Hopefully that will keep them busy for a little while

Thanks

Sad

Comment

So today I received a letter back from Cabot telling me that they do not need to supply me with a copy of my credit agreement under Part V 74(1)(b) since this was for a current account and overdraft.

I find this a bit fishy if I'm honest since the POC on the claim form clearly says I had a contract with BoS (as per Restons) but Cabot are telling me I can't see this contract?

I also asked for a statement of account and they haven't sent this either. The cheeky so-and-so's also said they were returning my postal order (Enc : £1 Postal Order) but it was nowhere to be seen rofl.

If I didn't know any better I'd think they don't have any paperwork :P

Also no response from Restons re my CPR 31.14.

Anyone got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Sad

Comment

Originally posted by Sadsack View Post
                So today I received a letter back from Cabot telling me that they do not need to supply me with a copy of my credit agreement under Part V 74(1)(b) since this was for a current account and overdraft.

I find this a bit fishy if I'm honest since the POC on the claim form clearly says I had a contract with BoS (as per Restons) but Cabot are telling me I can't see this contract?

I also asked for a statement of account and they haven't sent this either. The cheeky so-and-so's also said they were returning my postal order (Enc : £1 Postal Order) but it was nowhere to be seen rofl.

If I didn't know any better I'd think they don't have any paperwork :P

Also no response from Restons re my CPR 31.14.

Anyone got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Sad
                I agree that if a contract is mentioned in the particulars of claim then it must be disclosed, however as has been said the Current account is not an account regulated by sections 77/78/79 of CCA 1974.
                Push Restons for the " contract " mentioned in the POC.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem

Is there a further letter to send due to Restons not complying with the CPR31.14 I sent?

Thanks

Sad

Comment

hi,
                    i was trying to deal with cabot financial to asking them why on my credit file is two credit cards with same balance. how i can clear that and etc account is default for 316 £ both of them and i know that i have only one card.and suddenly week ago after my email to them they lift the balace until 401£ again on both cards. and now i have balance for that company 802£. they answer me 2 days ago that they not able to provide my information because the restons solicitors dealing on them behalf.
                    do any one knows what to do now.
                    thank you

any help will be good

Comment

Originally posted by laurab View Post
                      hi,
                      i was trying to deal with cabot financial to asking them why on my credit file is two credit cards with same balance. how i can clear that and etc account is default for 316 £ both of them and i know that i have only one card.and suddenly week ago after my email to them they lift the balace until 401£ again on both cards. and now i have balance for that company 802£. they answer me 2 days ago that they not able to provide my information because the restons solicitors dealing on them behalf.
                      do any one knows what to do now.
                      thank you

any help will be good
                      Good evening,

Has a claim been issued in regard to the account (s)?
                      Have you had two credit cards?.
                      nem

Comment

Hello

I have a quick question please. I filed my defence on 17th March, and had a confirmation letter from the court, so when should I hear from the courts about what is happening?

Thanks

Sad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X