• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from Cabot and Wright hassall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received from Cabot and Wright hassall

I received a county court claim form from Cabot. I entered to defend this as I have never had a capital one credit card. I have previously requested cca documents in 2011 to which the account was put on hold from a debt collection called fredrickson international I still have the letters dated 06 July 2011. Then on 12 July 2011 I received a letter from capital one stating that they had received my cca request and would to be able to assist but as I didn't sign my letter they cannot confirm my identity. I did not sign on purpose but printed my name instead as I know they do not have my signature and did not want them to have it. Then I didn't hear nothing for over 4 years then I get a claim form from county court business centre. I'm a little bemused and concerned as getting court forms through the post has started to worry my wife. Wright hassall claim I took out a capital one credit card on 24/05/2010?? I have now had a letter from Wright hassall saying they do not accept my defence and have written to the court to inform them to progress to a final hearing. Also saying they are in contact with their client to obtain documents and that a s77/s78 cca request was made. I'm just looking for some advice to ease my wife's concerns. I pretty sure that this is just threatening behaviour to cause stress and force people to admit debts just to make them stop harassing them. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Claim form received from Cabot and Wright hassall

Good morning, welcome to LB,

Claim received and acknowledged. good.
    Have you sent a CCA request to Cabot ? Rather than WH to whom
    you should have sent a request under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14.

Ok never had a Capone card, is an account number mentioned in the
    statement of claim?
    I suggest that you make a call to Cap one on Monday to see if they can clear up the fact you have never
    had a card.

Is this account showing on your credit files, you can check Noddle free online.

I'm sorry to say that Cabot is extremely litigious and will pull all sorts of "dirty tricks " when making a claim.
    I do know from experience from here and information from elsewhere that a large number of these Cap one
    debts are statute barred of have no paperwork to back up a claim.

There is no need by the way to withhold a signature on a CCA request although is not needed a creditor has
    to ensure that documents are disclosed only to the person entitled to have them,

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, thanks for the reply, how do I send Wright hassall the civil procedure rule 13.14. ? I have just started to get a cca request written but I can't find a recent link for a template, could you add one for both please if that's ok? I have shown my wife many posts about these companies and she seems to be a little less worried but really want to nip this in the bud as we have just found out she is pregnant 😊😴😃 many thanks!!

Comment

Marc
        Links for both a CCA request and CPR 31.14 (not 13.14) are in the green box at the top of this page

Remember
        CCA to owner of debt fee of £1
        CPR to the solicitors no fee

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
          Marc
          Links for both a CCA request and CPR 31.14 (not 13.14) are in the green box at the top of this page

Remember
          CCA to owner of debt fee of £1
          CPR to the solicitors no fee
          Remember to get proof of postage.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X