• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Letter of Claim - Cannot find letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Letter of Claim - Cannot find letter

Hello Guys!

I currently live with my partner and have been away for a couple of months, but upon my return he mentioned i received a letter of claim from Lowell about an overdraft i had a few years ago. I have checked my credit report on Noddle and the date of default there is 2013 so it's not statutory barred. Now, i cannot find the letter so do not have a reference number to quote when replying to it, and am worried of contacting them. Can someone advise where i can go from here? Many thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Letter of Claim - Cannot find letter

Good afternoon., welcome to LB,
    Is this the only contact made by Lowell?

Lowell now has an in house firm of solicitors (Lowell Solicitors Ltd)
    which is now issuing " letters before claim" and if there is no response
    they will issue a claim.
    The Lowell Group has a number of companies e.g. Lowell Financial , Lowell Portfolio 1,
    so finding out which one has had the letter sent will be difficult.

How long ago was the letter received?
    nem

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

My partner said it was Lowell Solicitors and after searching the forum here it looks like a few people have received it recently as well.

It's not the first contact, I've had a couple of letters a year ago but was going through severe health issues and I stupidly just ignored it. I'll be contacting Stepchange as I'm looking to see if I qualify for a debt relief order, as my income is very low.

Comment

Originally posted by ElliD View Post
        Thanks for the warm welcome!

My partner said it was Lowell Solicitors and after searching the forum here it looks like a few people have received it recently as well.

It's not the first contact, I've had a couple of letters a year ago but was going through severe health issues and I stupidly just ignored it. I'll be contacting Stepchange as I'm looking to see if I qualify for a debt relief order, as my income is very low.
        Ok First I'm very sorry to hear you are unwell, don't let Lowell stress you, even if Lowell were to win a claim if you have a very low
        income and little disposable income payments can be as low as £1 per month.

There's a wealth of help and expertise here to help you!!

Lowell Solicitors are I believe based in Northampton I can find the address for you
        if you want to write to them.

My personal feeling would be to wait for further contact.
        Should anything turn up please come back to this thread and help will be here for you.

nem

Comment

Thank you so much for the help, I'm just worried the next contact will be court papers, are there any chances of this happening?

Comment

Thank you so much for the help, I'm just worried the next contact will be court papers, are there any chances of this happening?
            Good morning,

I'm afraid that it is very likely which ever course of action you take Lowell will issue
            a claim.

Not knowing the " tone " of the lost letter makes it hard to suggest a course of action.

It may be that Lowell solicitors were on a phishing trip as they don't know the married
            name and have not responded further because they are unsure of their ground.

Is your credit file in maiden name still or has it been updated?

Might be worth a check on Noddle ( It's Free Online) to see if Lowell is making
            tracing searches.

nem

Comment

I had a look at Noddle and last search was back in 12/2014 by Arvato Financial Solutions. Nothing else after that. As i am not married, i guess the letter is in my maiden name, and after some digging , partner found a thread with the same letter i received:

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...Claim&p=619002

Would it be wise to contact them to resend the letter so i have a reference number etc?

Thank you for your help so far!! I really appreciate it

Comment

I had a look at Noddle and last search was back in 12/2014 by Arvato Financial Solutions. Nothing else after that. As i am not married, i guess the letter is in my maiden name, and after some digging , partner found a thread with the same letter i received:

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...Claim&p=619002

Would it be wise to contact them to resend the letter so i have a reference number etc?

Thank you for your help so far!! I really appreciate it
                Personally I would write to Lowell Solicitors along the following lines.

Date:

Ref: Letter of Claim.

Sir / Madam.

I have been informed that Lowell Solicitors may have attempted to
                contact me in regard to an alleged debt.

Please be aware I do not acknowledge ant liability to any company within
                the Lowell Group.

I have not personally had sight of any communications from Lowell.

If Lowell is alleging that I am indebted to it I require unequivocal written
                proof that any liability subsists including but not limited to any agreement / contract
                relating to the alleged debt.
                Proof of any legal assignment of the alleged debt to Lowell.
                Any notice of default ( if applicable ) issued by the alleged original creditor.
                A current statement of the alleged debt.
                I expect this information to be supplied promptly.

This communication is not an admission of any liability to Lowell.

If you use this send by signed for post.
                As said earlier any contact is going to confirm they have
                the right person and I suspect Lowell will issue a claim.
                It may be a good idea to check the Registry Trust ( trust online) to
                see if Lowell has issued a claim at a previous address one of their
                favourite tricks, there's a small fee for each address checked.

nem

Comment

I'll keep this info, I will follow your earlier advice of waiting for further contact while I discuss a DRO with Stepchange. I've been reading a lot in the forum in case they issue a claim. Thank you so much for all your help, I've been stressing over this and hopefully I'll sleep better knowing there's a solution!

Thank you so much!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X