• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial ltd / Capital One - 7-1-2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial ltd / Capital One - 7-1-2016

Hi, I received this letter from solicitors yesterday. Not sure what this means now?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I submitted my defense and got told by the court that if they had nothing withing 28 days the case would be stayed. Anyway I received this letter from Cabot today and am a bit confused.
      Are they still trying it on?

- - - Updated - - -

Attached letter
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jcoxell View Post
        Hi, I submitted my defense and got told by the court that if they had nothing withing 28 days the case would be stayed. Anyway I received this letter from Cabot today and am a bit confused.
        Are they still trying it on?

- - - Updated - - -

Attached letter
        Standard letter BUT their " on hold" is not a formal extension of time filed with the court, the court process continues as normal any documents received from the court should be completed and filed as directed. All timescales for filing must be adhered to.

nem

Comment

No need to panic as your defence is submitted. I am guessing that the 28 days from filing your defence is now up so I would call the court next week just to check the claim is stayed.

Comment

Hi yeah I filed my defence back in February and it is now up, haven't had anything further back from the court, so I may just ring and check. Thanks!

Comment

Hi yeah I filed my defence back in February and it is now up, haven't had anything further back from the court, so I may just ring and check. Thanks!
              Are you going to apply for the case to be struck out?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It would be wise to check with the court and as Charity has said you can apply for the claim to be struck out.

nem

Comment

It is a little crazy that it will have to find the costs upfront to apply for a strike out but you are doing the right thing in checking with the court

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    It would be wise to check with the court and as Charity has said you can apply for the claim to be struck out.

nem
                    Hi nem

I don't know if it's significant, but the letter is from Cabot (Europe), & the name on the claim form is Cabot (UK) ltd?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Are you going to apply for the case to be struck out?
                      If/when the claim is stayed you can give them notice that you intend to apply to the court for the claim to be struck out and suggest that the claimant discontinues/ withdraws the claim in the interest of saving further costs and court time.

nem

Comment

Hi,
                        I would omit your personal details from the letter you got from Cabot Europe.
                        I got the same letter, which I'm going to ignore! The cheeky muppets saying it's unenforceable then in the next breath tells you to pay up.!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Hi nem

I don't know if it's significant, but the letter is from Cabot (Europe), & the name on the claim form is Cabot (UK) ltd?
                          Cabot Europe is the principal Cabot UK acts as an " authorised representative."

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Kandis View Post
                            Hi,
                            I would omit your personal details from the letter you got from Cabot Europe.
                            I got the same letter, which I'm going to ignore! The cheeky muppets saying it's unenforceable then in the next breath tells you to pay up.!
                            Of course they wii because unenforceable is not the same as owed and due.
                            It just means they can't get a judgement against you- if you defend

Comment

I stand corrected. Thank you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Kandis View Post
                                I stand corrected. Thank you for that
                                It is a common mistake so you are far from unique
                                Its a bit like the madness that a state barred debt still exists in England and Wales but doesn't in Scotland
                                If you ask me , I suspect that many of these Debt purchasers have SB debts on their books which they describe as assets although they have bugger all chance of collecting them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X