• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pos1tive - court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pos1tive - court claim

@tallava, Thank you very much. We submitted the defence online via email on Monday evening, now its the waiting games
    Last edited by Pos1tive; 2nd September 2015, 15:12:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: HELP! Received a court claim

[MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION] Hmm, A little curious, I Submitted my defence by just printing it, getting my father to signing it and submitting it to the defendants email address. Would this be suffice? As advised by @PT on my thread

Comment

Hi [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION], I just sent it to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk ? Is that ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Pos1tive View Post
        Hi @FlamingParrot, I just sent it to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk ? Is that ok?
        Yes Pos that's fine.

nem

Comment

Hi @FlamingParrot, I just sent it to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk ? Is that ok?
          Yes, that was the idea. :clap2:

Comment

Re: Pos1tive - court claim

Hello All, [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION]

I have not posted on this thread for a while - Very Sorry. I just wanted to keep all in the loop even though its been so long regarding this matter.

My father did receive a letter from the Courts dated 1st Sept 2015 stating:

"I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen.
            Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay. "

Further more he did receive a letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors dated 11th Sept 2015 stating:

"We have received your defence

As previously advised, we are continuing to liaise with our client in relation to this matter. We will come back to you as soon as we can"

I have not received anything other than the above since. What position does this leave the claim in? Is there anything I should do now?

Comment

It means that at the moment the claim is stayed

I believe but you would need to check that you could request that the claim is stuck out however that will incur a fee unless you are exempt due to low income
              Maybe [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] or [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] can help

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=78313]NWHC[/MENTION]. My father has no income / money so I guess I would look to get this struck out? But need advice on how to proceed to do this.

Comment

Hello All, @Amethyst, @nemesis45, @FlamingParrot

I have not posted on this thread for a while - Very Sorry. I just wanted to keep all in the loop even though its been so long regarding this matter.

"I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen.
                  Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay. "

Further more he did receive a letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors dated 11th Sept 2015 stating:

As previously advised, we are continuing to liaise with our client in relation to this matter. We will come back to you as soon as we can"

I have not received anything other than the above since. What position does this leave the claim in? Is there anything I should do now?
                  Originally posted by NWHC View Post
                  It means that at the moment the claim is stayed

I believe but you would need to check that you could request that the claim is stuck out however that will incur a fee unless you are exempt due to low income
                  Maybe @Amethyst or @charitynjw can help
                  Thanks @NWHC. My father has no income / money so I guess I would look to get this struck out? But need advice on how to proceed to do this.
                  Imho I would contact the court to find out the current 'status' of the claim. If it is still stayed, I would apply for an application without hearing (costs about £50, or possibly free if low income, etc.) to have it struck out.

The court staff are usually pretty good at helping with the correct forms, etc, though they can't give legal advice.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello All, @Amethyst, @nemesis45, @FlamingParrot

Good morning Positive,

The claim has most probably been stayed by the court because the claimant has not responded to the defence.

Phone the court tomorrow and check.

nem

Comment

Good Morning [MENTION=29921]nemesis[/MENTION],

Many Thanks for your reply. I will chase the courts tomorrow.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X