• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Aqua Card (RBS/NewDay) - 4-12-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Aqua Card (RBS/NewDay) - 4-12-2015

Apologies for not using form but for some reason it keeps giving errors, so will try list info here.

Have you received a County Court Claim form?: Yes
    What is the ISSUE date printed on the Claim Form?: 4/12/2015
    Who is the original ?: Aqua Card (RBS/NewDay)
    Who is the Claimant?:Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd
    Who is the Claimant's Solicitor?: Howard Cohen & Co
    Please type out the Particulars of Claim:
    The Claim is for the sum of £850 in respect of monies owing under and agreement with the account number xxx pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA).
    The Debt was legally assigned by NewDay Ltd (Ex Aqua) to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served on the defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.
    Claimant claims
    1. the sum of £xxx
    2 interest pursuant to s69 of the county court act 1984 at a rate of 8% from 09/2014 to the date hereof 4xx is £xx
    3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £ .xx
    4. Costs

What is the approximate amount of the claim?: £850/£1050
    Is the Debt...: Credit Card
    Do you believe the debt is Statute Barred?: no
    Any other information.:
    Ultimately don't have a defense, I did have an Aqua card although I thought it was via RBS and didn't know of NewDay until recently. I am sending off CCA request today (should have done this already). Will also Acknowledge claim and send off CPR31.14

The amount claimed is made up of plenty of penalty fees for late payments and/or over limit fees, should I also be sending a SAR? if so, do I send it to Hoist/Cohen or NewDay or RBS?

If as I expect, they produce all CCA info as the account was opened in 2011, would it be likely they would agree to a Tomlin Order as opposed to CCJ? Looking for damage limitation at this point as I cannot pay the £1050 claimed, but finances are now coming back on track, so could potentially settle over next 3-6 months.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Aqua Card (RBS/NewDay) - 4-12-2015

Good morning, welcome to LB,

Yes CCA request to Hoist don't forget the fee £1 Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only".
    Use signed for post.

Also a request under the provisions of CPR 31.14 to Cohen for all the documents mentioned in the claim (no fee).

You will have to be provided with two agreements one from RBS and One from Newday / Aqua.

nem

Comment

Re: Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Aqua Card (RBS/NewDay) - 4-12-2015

Thanks Nem,

Regarding penalty charges, would I send a SAR to anyone or it past that?

CCA and CPR being drafted now to be sent off today recorded delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Debtrelief View Post
        Thanks Nem,

Regarding penalty charges, would I send a SAR to anyone or it past that?

CCA and CPR being drafted now to be sent off today recorded delivery.
        Penalty charges added by the original creditor are not relevant to the claim. but
        yes a SAR to the OC for this.

nem

Comment

thank you. on cpr31.14, what date do i use for filing, 33 days from the 4/12/2015 when the claim was issued, or 33 days from today, when I acknowledged claim and intention to defend?

Comment

thank you. on cpr31.14, what date do i use for filing, 33 days from the 4/12/2015 when the claim was issued, or 33 days from today, when I acknowledged claim and intention to defend?
            28 days from date of acknowledgment.

nem

Comment

Cohen have replied to say that they have requested documents and agree an extension of 28 days after they provide the information, do I need to submit this letter to the court, or do I just file defence saying no documents provided?

Also CCA request to Hoist, nothing received from them

Finally Hoist's FCA permission has expired, but Robinson Way is active, is there anything in this, when Hoist own the debt, or do they cover themselves by saying Robinson Way are collecting on their behalf?

Comment

Cohen have replied to say that they have requested documents and agree an extension of 28 days after they provide the information, do I need to submit this letter to the court, or do I just file defence saying no documents provided?

Also CCA request to Hoist, nothing received from them

Finally Hoist's FCA permission has expired, but Robinson Way is active, is there anything in this, when Hoist own the debt, or do they cover themselves by saying Robinson Way are collecting on their behalf?
                Yes you must inform the court in writing asap of the extension.

There's many changes to the structure of a number of debt purchase groups and they way they arrange their
                licensing.

Using this in a defence is unlikely to be of any benefit.

nem

Comment

I am about to inform the court of extension, can I email it or must it be posted?

Comment

I looked at the dates and I think I needed to file defence by no later than today, so I have sent a standard defence from this site, saying no documents received. I did mention that Cohen had agreed extension and that if documents are produced I would like to amend my defence.

I hope that's OK?

Comment

I looked at the dates and I think I needed to file defence by no later than today, so I have sent a standard defence from this site, saying no documents received. I did mention that Cohen had agreed extension and that if documents are produced I would like to amend my defence.

I hope that's OK?
                      Yes your fine with that!

Did you mention that if you have to amend the defence you will to the claimant for the costs of the application?

nem

Comment

Yes, I did mention that.

Thanks for all your help

Comment

I received a letter from Robinson Way this morning saying they noted my dispute and would cease all collection activity until further notice. (I have never contacted Robinson Way but know they are part of Hoist)
                          I sent the CPR forms to Cohen and received reply saying they would request documents and come back to me.
                          I sent CCA request to Hoist but have had no response.

What do I do now, just wait till they find documents? I filed defence saying lack of documentation provided. Not sure what if anything I should be doing?

Comment

I received a letter from Robinson Way this morning saying they noted my dispute and would cease all collection activity until further notice. (I have never contacted Robinson Way but know they are part of Hoist)
                            I sent the CPR forms to Cohen and received reply saying they would request documents and come back to me.
                            I sent CCA request to Hoist but have had no response.

What do I do now, just wait till they find documents? I filed defence saying lack of documentation provided. Not sure what if anything I should be doing?
                            If they can't find the documents intime to meet court timescales and do not respond the court will stay (suspend) the claim.

Don't chase the CCA request.

nem

Comment

Ok, I have received a letter yesterday from the court confirming receipt of my defence and that it had been forwarded to the claimant.

I have not received anything regarding the CCA request and Cohen have only replied to the CPR request saying they would request the documents.

I received a letter from Robinson Way saying they acknowledged that the account was in dispute and they would cease collection activity until further notice.

Is there anything else I should be doing, or do I now just wait to see if Cohen send any documents to me/the court for the next 28 days? Will I be notified by the court if Cohen don't supply any documentation or do I need to follow this up?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X