• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Case struck out - I hope.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case struck out - I hope.

Hiya

(I posted this yesterday at the end of an old post so not sure if it was seen)

I think my claim has been struck out but I just wanted to check I'm reading the order right. I sent in an Application Notice on the 20th of October requesting the claim be struck out if Capquest couldn't supply the CA. The court ordered on the 12th of Nov that Capquest had 7 days to comply or the case be struck out as they'd failed to comply with a previous order. I understand that bit and they haven't sent me the CA so I'm guessing it's struck out but on the first page, it says that the Application must be heard on notice to the claimant and that the claim has been transferred to my local court. Does this mean a judge looks at the order a again? I've emailed the court to confirm that they've not sent the CA so I'm hoping that's it as it's been a loooong 11 months!!!

many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Case struck out - I hope.

Originally posted by glasscake View Post
    Hiya

(I posted this yesterday at the end of an old post so not sure if it was seen)

I think my claim has been struck out but I just wanted to check I'm reading the order right. I sent in an Application Notice on the 20th of October requesting the claim be struck out if Capquest couldn't supply the CA. The court ordered on the 12th of Nov that Capquest had 7 days to comply or the case be struck out as they'd failed to comply with a previous order. I understand that bit and they haven't sent me the CA so I'm guessing it's struck out but on the first page, it says that the Application must be heard on notice to the claimant and that the claim has been transferred to my local court. Does this mean a judge looks at the order a again? I've emailed the court to confirm that they've not sent the CA so I'm hoping that's it as it's been a loooong 11 months!!!

many thanks
    I don't think that this has been struck out! If you read carefully.

The Application must be heard on notice to the Claimant and The claim has been transferred to your local court.
    It would seem to me that you did not give notice to the claimant that you intended to make the application.
    I suggest you check with the court by phone tomorrow morning

Comment

Ohh dear, I thought this was all over! So does this mean that my application will be read by another judge at my local court and that he might not strike out the claim even though cap quest haven't supplied the CA. They've had since February!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=glasscake;596798]Ohh dear, I thought this was all over! So does this mean that my application will be read by another judge at my local court and that he might not strike out the claim even though cap quest haven't supplied the CA. They've had since February!!![/QUOTE
        Did you give the claimant notice that you intended to apply for the strike out?

Check with the court by phone tomorrow it's now 13 days since that order was made.

nem

Comment

No I didn't. I thought that the court would notify the other side about the order. :-(. I'll ring tomorrow.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X