• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ auctioned in old address and in maiden name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ auctioned in old address and in maiden name

Hi, I recently checked my credit file and noticed a ccj from May 2015 in my old address and maiden name. I moved house in 2012 and married in 2013.

I am unsure what the debt could be for it is for £600. Is it worth applying to court for this to be set aside? I can not really afford to pay £155 for nothing but I do not qualify for any help with the fees.
    Has anyone ever sussesfully had a judgement set aside?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ auctioned in old address and in maiden name

Originally posted by Kazj84 View Post
    Hi, I recently checked my credit file and noticed a ccj from May 2015 in my old address and maiden name. I moved house in 2012 and married in 2013.

I am unsure what the debt could be for it is for £600. Is it worth applying to court for this to be set aside? I can not really afford to pay £155 for nothing but I do not qualify for any help with the fees.

Thanks
    Hi welcome to LB,

If you want to apply to have this set aside, you will as well as having to prove why you didn't receive the claim ( easy in your case) will have to show that you have a defence to the original claim that has a reasonable chance of success.

If you can give us some more detail as to what the debt is and what if anything you can use to defend the claim.

nem

Comment

Hi, I keep hitting reply then it seems to go so if I duplicate my replays I apologise.

The debt it with arrow global and Reston solicitors.
      My credit file states a telecommunications account started in 2009 defaulted in 2011, I honestly have no recollection of this but that's not to say my ex didn't sign up for something in my name (he did this twice before).
      Thanks

Comment

Thanks
        Yes, it is possible to have a judgment set aside but sadly you'd have to pay the application fee or apply for fee remission.

The he other issue is that you'd need a solid defence to the claim. You say there is a default recorded on your credit file for a mobile contract from 2009. Would your ex have taken out a mobile contract in your name? Signed it as yourself, etc.?

Comment

Hi, I keep hitting reply then it seems to go so if I duplicate my replays I apologise.
          No worries, has happened to all of us, especially if you are posting using the mobile network rather than WiFi. :mmph:

The debt it with arrow global and Reston solicitors.
          My credit file states a telecommunications account started in 2009 defaulted in 2011
          , I honestly have no recollection of this but that's not to say my ex didn't sign up for something in my name (he did this twice before).
          Thanks
          Have you heard anything from Arrow or the courts?

The problem with a CCJ is that if you are not under an agreed payment arrangement, they can apply to the court to enforce it via an attachment of earnings if you are employed and/or a warrant of control to send bailiffs round.

You'll have to either get it set aside or make a monthly offer. You can leave it until they attempt enforcement but then you'd need to be prepared to apply to suspend the warrant if they apply for one or to request a suspended AoE order. Luckily the amount is not high enough for a charging order (if you own property) or a statutory demand. :thumb:

Comment

If you want to read a little about setting aside a CCJ take a look here: http://legalbeagles.info/library/how...-judgment-ccj/ :thumb:

Comment

Hi, there is a probability he took it out in my name yes. I have not heard a thing from the court or arrow but it appears they have old details for me as both my name and address have changed.

Comment

BT list their service with the credit agencies as telecomunications as well as mobile phone companies

This might be a balance owing for he remainder of a contractual term

Comment

I have no idea what to do for the best? Should I contact arrow or the court first? It will take me a few weeks to gather the £155 do I need that to apply initially?
                  Has anyone managed to get one set aside?
                  Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                    I have still not heard anything from the claimant or the so,idiots but I want to repair my credit file.
                    I read the advice above and it says to write to the creditors first which I am wanting to do.
                    I am not really sure what to say tho and how to make it look like I know what I am talking about?
                    Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X