• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - hoist / santander - 24-8-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - hoist / santander - 24-8-2015

hello here is the default notice I got thanks
    I got court papers date 24th Aug for loan debt £4500 this loan taken out in 2008
    I was made redundant me and my ex broke up she lives in the house with our daughter of 11
    the house is mortgage in both our names
    Been under the doctor had depression for years was making token payments till Jan of 2010 as I was not working had lots of debt I was really at breaking point
    Got default letter dated 20th jan 2010
    Next letter 21st Jan 2010 to say that I will of received default notice and that a default will be registered in 28 days with credit reference agency's
    the next letter 13th of Feb 2010 they had terminated my loan agreement
    They then sold debt I think in march 2010 think this was the 9th as got account summery says nil balance
    now got the court letter dated the 24th Aug 2015
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sugerplum; 31st August 2015, 20:04:PM. Reason: more info
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - hoist / santander - 24-8-2015

Hi Welcome to LB,
    Before we go further into this, it is better to deal with all matters relating to this in writing only!

Hoist Portfolio is a debt purchase company RW is a bottom of the pond debt collection agency part of the group.

The mortgage has no connection with this loan I take it?
    Service of the claim has NOT been acknowledge but the correct requests for documents made.?

This most important thing is to Acknowledge The Service Of the Claim asap, you can do this online at Money Claim Online if you don't do this within the times scale shown on the claim the claimant can apply for summary judgement.

Please post a redacted copy of the Default Notice and the claim form here please.

What is this about "your brother not putting in his claim etc.?

The DN within 14 days of service start the day you received the notice.

Are you from the mental health point of view a " vulnerable person"?

nem

Comment

hello loan not secured on the house
      my mental health I suffer from depression for many years having all this just makes it a lot worse

I have uploaded the default notice that was sent
      need to Acknowledge The Service Of the Claim will be doing that tomorrow
      cpr13 request sent to solicitors
      CCA and SAR sent to robinson way
      spoke to robinson way to see if a partial settlement would be done they wanted £3900 don't have that kind of money really don't want a CCJ thanks for your reply

Comment

can someone look at this default notice above is it in the prescribed format that a default notice should be issued and the date of the remedy just says within 14 days of service of notice then says if the payment required by this notice is taken before the date shown (NO DATE SHOWN) this it repeats several times or is it the DATE of the letter if this is correct I don't even stand a chance of paying it the letter does not make sense its not highlighted or underlined or even stands out
        The loan agreement with Santander has been TERMINATED on the 13/02/2010 I think the account was sold on the 9th march 2010 as the letters they have sent me not long ago the account summery says £0 balance on the 9th march this is very confusing

Comment

Originally posted by sugerplum View Post
          hello here is the default notice I got thanks
          A compliant default notice is supposed to give you a date to remedy the breach rather than just say "within 14 days of service of this notice". I can only see one date (20/01/2010), presumably that was the date of issue, yet they refer to "before the date shown". Is there another date you've blanked out?

I am also intrigued as to what information you removed from your post when you edited it at 17:42, post #2 suggests there was a lot more on that post that I can see now. :confused2:

Comment

Hello I just edited my name and account number that's all no other date on the letter other than date at the top thanks for your quick response I edited 1st post as wanted to put letter on
            Sorry just looked at my post I don't no were all the information went so I will edit first post again
            Last edited by sugerplum; 31st August 2015, 19:54:PM. Reason: info

Comment

So is this default notice faulty thanks

Comment

Hello I just edited my name and account number that's all no other date on the letter other than date at the top thanks for your quick response I edited 1st post as wanted to put letter on
                Sorry just looked at my post I don't no were all the information went so I will edit first post again
                I think I know the answer to that question, there's been some issues with the site and sometimes you can edit your posts but others when you click 'edit post' you get just a blank box, if that happens and you carry on with the edit, then everything that was previously posted vanishes and only the new stuff you post appears.

I started a thread about that the other day: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ing-my-posts-(

Comment

Please can someone advice me about this default notice thanks

Comment

hello what does Contest Jurisdiction on the claim form for court mean and should I tick this box any help please

Comment

hello what does Contest Jurisdiction on the claim form for court mean and should I tick this box any help please
                      If you live in England or Wales no you don't contest jurisdiction, if you live elsewhere, e.g. you would contest jurisdiction of an English court.

nem

Comment

hello I have just acknowledged receipt of court papers and defending all to debt
                        what do I do now any help please
                        how do I put in a defence really need information about my default notice letter thanks

Comment

hello I have just acknowledged receipt of court papers and defending all to debt
                          how do I put in a defence really need information about my default notice letter thanks
                          Personally I do not think the DN is compliant as it does not state a specific date by which the default should be remedied.

nem

Comment

Hello thanks for reply what does that mean for me will it go in my favour they have terminated my agreement sorry for all the questions thanks

Comment

You have up to 33 days from the date printed on the claim form to submit a defence so it shouldn't be due for a few weeks. :ranger:

The Default Notice is just ONE piece of the puzzle, the CCA is the most important one and they should also provide you with a notice of assignment. I see from your early post that you've already sent your requests for documents, so let's see what they send (or not) and we'll take it from there. :thumb:

I have uploaded the default notice that was sent
                              need to Acknowledge The Service Of the Claim will be doing that tomorrow
                              cpr13 request sent to solicitors
                              CCA and SAR sent to robinson way
                              The SAR should really have gone to the original creditor, RW would only have very limited data, starting from when they/Hoist bought the account, which they would have acquired without any paperwork or statements. :mmph:

They have 40 days to respond to a SAR so you may not get it back before your defence is due, unless you get a 28 day extension agreed with the solicitors, who are they using, Howard Cohen?
                              spoke to robinson way to see if a partial settlement would be done they wanted £3900 don't have that kind of money really don't want a CCJ thanks for your reply
                              Let's see how it develops. It's an account from 2008 so if they find the agreement, even if it wasn't 100% compliant it could still be enforced by a court. :ohwell: As a last resort, if it looks like they could win the case, you could always settle with a Tomlin order to avoid a CCJ. The order would stay proceedings as long as you keep up the repayments agreed and it doesn't show up anywhere, neither on your credit file nor the CCJ registry, but let's not rush just yet. :ranger:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X