• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - hoist portfolio holdings 2 ltd / cahoot / santander uk - 9-6-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - hoist portfolio holdings 2 ltd / cahoot / santander uk - 9-6-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 9-6-2015
    Amount approx: 4748.79
    Claimant: hoist portfolio holdings 2 ltd
    Solicitor: howard cohen and co
    Original Credit: santander uk

Particulars of Claim:
    This claim is for the sum of 4471.05 in respect oh monies owing pursuant to the consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account noxxxxxxxxxx
    The debt was legally assigned by Santander UK PLC to the clainmant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the aggreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to section 87(1) CCA.
    The Claimant claims
    1. The sum of 4471.05
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 21/05/15 to the date hereof 13 days is the sum of 12.74
    3. Daily interest at the rate of .98
    4. Costs

Stat Barred? don't know

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    Last edited by asdaq; 4th August 2015, 10:58:AM. Reason: i have no relocation of the debt...got my records wrong
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - hoist portfolio holdings 2 ltd / cahoot / santander uk - 9-6-2015

Hi welcome to LB,

I sorry to say that being near to statute barred status is no longer a possibility here a County Court Claim stops the " 6 year clock" ticking on the date the claim is issued..

What sort of account was this credit card or loan?
    What makes you think the default date has been changed on the CRA file? Did you receive a default notice, if so when was this?

nem

Comment

Re: Court Claim - hoist portfolio holdings 2 ltd / cahoot / santander uk - 9-6-2015

i have a couple of debts taken out at the same time.I made last payments of all my debts at the same time.i.e. when i lost my job.i can't recall whether its a credit card or a loan. i have looked at my credit file and all my debts have roughly the same default dates..I don't remember getting a default notice.

Comment

Originally posted by asdaq View Post
        i have a couple of debts taken out at the same time.I made last payments of all my debts at the same time.i.e. when i lost my job.i can't recall whether its a credit card or a loan. i have looked at my credit file and all my debts have roughly the same default dates..I don't remember getting a default notice.
        Is this particular loan/cc showing on credit files
        nem

Comment

When did you lose your job? You need at least six years without any payments or written acknowledgment for it to be SBd.

Was this a Cahoot Flexiloan by any chance?

Comment

It's registered as "bank" on my credit file...it doesn't say whether it's a loan or cc

Comment

It's not SBb..i lost my job at the time in November 2009

Comment

It's not SBb..i lost my job at the time in November 2009
                In that case, it's a question of seeing what documents (if any) they are able to provide. If you don't recall what account this was, you probably don't remember when or how you applied for it.

If there's any paperwork you could dig up or anything you could do to refresh your memory, it should all help! For example, if the account was opened before April 2007, it could improve your chances of a successful defence. :thumb:

Comment

All my accounts were opened around 2001-2004...

Comment

All my accounts were opened around 2001-2004...
                    Excellent news! :whoo:

The reason for my question was that, for accounts opened before April 2007, the court is preventing from enforcing them unless there was a properly executed agreement with all the prescribed terms to start with, but the bit of legislation that stated that was repealed with effect from that date: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...on/127/enacted
                    (3)The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

Comment

The claimants lawyers agreed on an extension so as they can get me the docs I requested...though their letter states "a general extension of time"... My understanding was it should have been a 28 day extension...the deadline for my defence is 07/08/15...what would you advice?

Comment

The claimants lawyers agreed on an extension so as they can get me the docs I requested...though their letter states "a general extension of time"... My understanding was it should have been a 28 day extension...the deadline for my defence is 07/08/15...what would you advice?
                        CPR 15.5 allows UP TO 28 days to be agreed, it doesn't say ALL extensions have to be agreed for 28 days. I'd ask for confirmation that they've agreed to a 28 day extension if their letter doesn't say how long. You can do so by email or phone to save time. hone:

Comment

they say I'll get the documents when they get hold of them...hence the general extension of time...

Comment

They won't confirm that it's 28 days

Comment

They also confirmed that my file is on hold till they get the documents

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X