• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter Letter of Claim

Hi guys

I recieved a letter yesterday from Bryan Carter solicitors stating that i owe their client lowell 940 pounds for an o2 contract and i should pay otherwise they will issue a claim against me in 14 days.
    I panicked and i checked my experian credit file and there is nothing regarding that o2 account in there. It does not show on my credit file and i never had one in he past.

what should i do ...
    please help
    Tags: None

Re: Bryan Carter Letter of Claim

Originally posted by adam147 View Post
    Hi guys

I recieved a letter yesterday from Bryan Carter solicitors stating that i owe their client lowell 940 pounds for an o2 contract and i should pay otherwise they will issue a claim against me in 14 days.
    I panicked and i checked my experian credit file and there is nothing regarding that o2 account in there. It does not show on my credit file and i never had one in he past.

what should i do ...
    please help
    Good morning welcome to LB,
    Is Carter acting for Lowell?
    If you are confident that you have never been a customer of O2, I suggest the following.

For the Personal Attention of
    Bryan Carter
    Principal Bryan Carter LLP.

date............

Ref: use Carters

Dear Mr Carter,

I am in receipt of your letter dated............................: In which it is alleged that I am indebted to your client in the sum of £940.00 originating from an account with O2.

Please note I do not acknowledge any debt to your client for the following reason:

I am not now nor ever have been a customer of O2, there for you will either provide me with
    unequivocal evidence of my liability for the alleged debt within 7 days of the date hereon or
    confirm that Bryan Carter LLP has closed the file on this matter.

Should your client wish to pursue this matter further any action will be robustly defended.

use signed for post check date delivered.

nem

Comment

Thankyou very much for taking the time to send a prompt reply i really appreciate it.
      I went onto another credit ref agency as i was panicking . I went to noddle and there i see an account defaulted on 10-03-2011 for the amount of 940 from o2 but it is showing a wrong date of birth. I cant understand how it appeared and it is in my name but date of birth is different to my actual one. I have a feeling it was opened by someone trying to be me . What r my options now mate
      Thankyou once again

Comment

Thankyou very much for taking the time to send a prompt reply i really appreciate it.
        I went onto another credit ref agency as i was panicking . I went to noddle and there i see an account defaulted on 10-03-2011 for the amount of 940 from o2 but it is showing a wrong date of birth. I cant understand how it appeared and it is in my name but date of birth is different to my actual one. I have a feeling it was opened by someone trying to be me . What r my options now mate
        Thankyou once again

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Good morning welcome to LB,
          Is Carter acting for Lowell?
          If you are confident that you have never been a customer of O2, I suggest the following.

For the Personal Attention of
          Bryan Carter
          Principal Bryan Carter LLP.

date............

Ref: use Carters

Dear Mr Carter,

I am in receipt of your letter dated............................: In which it is alleged that I am indebted to your client in the sum of £940.00 originating from an account with O2.

Please note I do not acknowledge any debt to your client for the following reason:

I am not now nor ever have been a customer of O2, there for you will either provide me with
          unequivocal evidence of my liability for the alleged debt within 7 days of the date hereon or
          confirm that Bryan Carter LLP has closed the file on this matter.

Should your client wish to pursue this matter further any action will be robustly defended.

use signed for post check date delivered.

nem

Thankyou once again

Comment

[QUOTE=adam147;557616]Thankyou very much for taking the time to send a prompt reply i really appreciate it.
            Thankyou once again[/QUOTE

Hi,
            This most certainly seems like ID theft to me!

Get notices of dispute on all CRA files and the letter of to Carter I suggest mentioning
            the incorrect data on the files but at this stage don't go into detail until you have the
            notice on the CRA files.

You can also report this to Action Fraud online (recommended).

You should also make a complaint to O2 quoting the details you have and
            demand that they produce the service agreement relating to the debt. ( address to their CEO)

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X