• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recieved Small Claims Summons Form 1a Scotland from Cabot Financial Uk Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved Small Claims Summons Form 1a Scotland from Cabot Financial Uk Ltd

Hi Everyone,

First of all would like to thank all the brilliant people in this site who have helped lot of people beat the Debt Collection Agencies tactis which are threating and stressful.

At the moment i am going thru the same level of stress and anxiety.

I recieved a small claim Summons from Edinburgh Sheriff court Form 1a, this was from Optima Legal on behalf of Cabot fianancial uk ltd, which related to a debt with Vanquis bank credit card. The copies attached.

As you might all be aware the process in scotland is different, the reason for this new post is to share my experience with others in scotland as there are not many threads here relating to scotland.

I have started of with three letters asking for CCA and Deed of Assignment in a span of three days to the solicitor and to Cabot but had no response from them till now, and should be sending and estoppel and section 10 notice soon to follow.

In scotland CPR 31 is not valid and we have to apply for an incidental application to the sheriff for such documents, i have been to the court and was told to first submit my repsonse and then i can make an application for the incidental application for such documents, which i shall be doing now.

As this is new for me i was wondering if i could get more help on this below is the draft for my incidental application, if you good people can comment which would help that would be great, i have made comments in bold where i want further help so if you guys can help that would be great.
    Dear Sir/Madam:
    I hereby make a formal request under ACT OF SEDERUNT (SMALL CLAIM RULES) 2002 NO. 133 CHAPTER 17: Recovery of documents and attendance of witnesses, for the following Documents:
    1) The agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.
    ****SHOULD I BE ATTACHING THE £1 FEE TO THIS APPLICATION AND QUOTE THE SECTION IN THIS PART****
    2) The Deed of Assignment
    ****WHAT LAW AND CASE POINT WOULD BE BEST TO QUOTE HERE FOR DEED OF ASSIGNMENT*****

3) The Deed of Novation
    ****IS THIS VALID REQUEST FOR DEED OF NOVATION WHAT LAW AND CASEPOINT CAN I QUOTE*****
    3) The Notice of Assignment and proof of service of said Assignment Notice
    ****I KNOW THIS RELATES TO LAND AND PROPERTY ACT IS THIS VALID IN SCOTLAND*****

4) The Default warning letter

5) Default Notice and proof of service of said Default Notice
    ****I KNOW THIS RELATES TO LAND AND PROPERTY ACT IS THIS VALID IN SCOTLAND*****

6) The Credit Card Agreement as mentioned in your particulars of Claim
    *****AM I ASKING FOR THE SAME DOCUMENT AS IN MY REQUEST 1 OR IS THIS DIFFERENT TO THE ABOVE*******

I hereby request Sheriff Clerk to grant commission and diligence to recover the above listed documents from the pursuer.
    PLEASE REMEMBER GUYS I HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN FRONT OF SHERIFF SO THAT I CAN DEFEND MY REQUEST PROPERLY SO THE MORE INFORMATION THE BETTER PREPARED I AM SO PLEASE HELP.

After my application can the court just act on behalf of a recon, or should i be adding anything else in my request to the sheriff?

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thanks for your reply the documents in pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kati; 26th June 2015, 12:29:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Recieved Small Claims Summons Form 1a Scotland from Cabot Financial Uk Ltd

Just giving this a bump for you. I am sure someone will take a look when they get moment.:bump2:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Recieved Small Claims Summons Form 1a Scotland from Cabot Financial Uk Ltd

anybody here that can comment or advice

Hi

Today i recieved a letter from optima legal as below

We acknowledge reciept of your letters of 15/18/22 june and note what you write.

We have passed a copy of your letters to our clients requesting a copy of Assignation,statement of account and credit agreement relating to the above agreement.

Guys shall i still proceed with my incidental application to the sheriff as this does not cover all the docuements i want to recover or shall i wait, what are the pros and cons any experiences or suggestions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X