• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio / BW Legal / Three (telecoms) Court claim 22/06/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio / BW Legal / Three (telecoms) Court claim 22/06/15

I have received a court claim this morning.

"The claimants Claim is for the sum of £2xx.xx being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant under a Telecommunications agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 between the defendant and Three Mobile under account reference xxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the Claimant on 29/12/2011 notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.

The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.0% per annum (a daily rate of 0.04 from the date of assignment of the agreement to 28/12/2012 being an amount of £1x.6x
    "

The account referenced does not appear on my noodle account.

What would be the next steps to take and how can I deal with this situation without getting a CCJ on my credit record.

I am willing to follow advice given, as I would like to sort this out but I am literally clueless about what I should do.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio / BW Legal / Three (telecoms) Court claim 22/06/15

The account does actually appear on my noodle file, however under a different account number to that stated on the court claim.

Comment

Hi Welcome to LB.
      Lowell tend to use there own account numbering system.

What exactly are the details showing on your Noddle file?
      Lowell are claiming this is CCA Regulate Agreement so send a CCA Request Direct to Lowell with the £1 statutory
      fee, use a cheque or postal order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only" there's a template in the forum library for this.

Send by signed for post.

Next a request under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 (CPR31.14) this is for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim i.e. the regulated agreement, the Notice of assignment, and the default notice. This goes to BW there is no fee for this.

When did you last make any payment to this account?

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Noodle shows the following;

Lowell £187
        account type: Telecommunications supplier
        account number: (different to court claim)
        account start date: xx/11/08
        Opening Balance £88
        Repayment Frequency: monthly
        date of default: 13/02/2010
        default balance £88.00

There is no payment history recorded on noodle prior to april 2012.

This debt is a throw back from a time in my life when I made a mess. I do not know when the last payment was made but I imagine it was early-mid 2009.

I will research and produce the letters you have stated above and update the thread accordingly.

Thankyou for your assistance!!!

Comment

To update the thread.

I acknowledged the claim with the court on line and requested extra time to prepare my defence on Thurs 25 June 2015.

I posted CCA request and £1.00 postal order to Lowell on Fri 26 June 2015 by recorded/signed for Royal Mail 1st Class.

I posted the 31.14 request to BW legal on Fri 26 June 2015 by recorded/signed for Royal Mail 1st Class.

Comment

I received the following letter from bw legal on the 3rd July 2015.

Comment

I also received the following letter from Lowell Financial on the 4th July 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by aemilius View Post
                I also received the following letter from Lowell Financial on the 4th July 2015.

That is correct, you have a Service Contract there is no credit element. BUT
                The Particulars of Claim mention an agreement " regulated by CCA 1974"
                You could inform Lowell/BW as that as their statement of claim is in regard
                to a regulated to an alleged debt arising from an Agreement Regulated by
                CCA 1974 then any such agreement should be supplied.

This happens all to frequently and the last excuse I've seen was that a " wrong"
                template was used.

Push them if you wish, quoting BW's letter dated 30 June 2015: IMO BW should have
                been aware of the type of account when it issued the claim.

In reality now you will have to look towards what you have as a defence to this.

nem

nem
                Last edited by nemesis45; 16th July 2015, 10:15:AM.

Comment

Hi Nem,

"The claimants Claim is for the sum of £2xx.xx being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant under a Telecommunications agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 between the defendant and Three Mobile under account reference xxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the Claimant on 29/12/2011 notice of which has been given to the defendant."

The Particulars of claim refer to an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, is this a mistake?

If so, is the mistake significant in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by aemilius View Post
                    Hi Nem,

"The claimants Claim is for the sum of £2xx.xx being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant under a Telecommunications agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 between the defendant and Three Mobile under account reference xxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the Claimant on 29/12/2011 notice of which has been given to the defendant."

The Particulars of claim refer to an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, is this a mistake?

If so, is the mistake significant in any way?
                    BW Legal should have been aware, they POC should
                    be amended before any hearing.
                    There's games that can be played with " mistakes" like
                    this but in the end I suspect they will amend the POC
                    when challenged.
                    My personal approach would be to reply " in all innocence" to Lowell's
                    letter saying that as their POC says an agreement regulated by CCA 1974
                    you expect to receive it asap.

As said what is your plan for a defence putting the agreement matter aside?
                    nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X