• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Mortimer Clarke / Lloyds (Cabot) - 8-6-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Mortimer Clarke / Lloyds (Cabot) - 8-6-2015

Originally posted by NeilC2015 View Post
    No I don't believe I have, I have added the DN & NoA parts and have submitted my defence...

Thank you again for your help...
    Well done! :clap2:

Good to hear your defence was accepted last night.

Comment

When you say accepted, does that mean I definitely got it in time, is it live...?

Also what do I do now...?

Thank you

Comment

When you say accepted, does that mean I definitely got it in time, is it live...?

Also what do I do now...?

Thank you
        If you submitted it on the MCOL site then it would be 'live' as the electronic submission is instantaneous.

All you can do now is wait, they have 28 days to respond to your defence (counting from when they receive it from the court, not from last night) and say whether they want to proceed. If they don't respond, the claim will be stayed (and you won't be told), otherwise you'll hear from the court if/when they respond. :ranger:

Comment

Hi,

I've now received the attached Letters from Mortimer Clarke & Cabot... what do I do now..?

Thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NeilC2015; 5th September 2015, 13:33:PM.

Comment

Both standard we ain't got the docs responses.
            Chase the CPR31.14 request, but leave the CCA request alone, the debt as the letter says is currently unenforceable but Only Until a compliant agreement is found.

If you don't get any further response after about 7-10 days check with the court just in case Cabot pull any stunts.

nem

Comment

Thanks,

How do I chase the CPR31.14 request?

Comment

Thanks,

There's a template letter in the forum library for this Neil.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Both standard we ain't got the docs responses.
                  Chase the CPR31.14 request, but leave the CCA request alone, the debt as the letter says is currently unenforceable but Only Until a compliant agreement is found.

If you don't get any further response after about 7-10 days check with the court just in case Cabot pull any stunts.

nem
                  Thanks,

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  There's a template letter in the forum library for this Neil.

nem
                  From what I can see above, a defence has already been submitted, in which case there is no need to chase this request. The generic defence would have had a paragraph referring to lack of response/non-compliance.

Comment

Hi,

I've now received the attached Letters from Mortimer Clarke & Cabot... what do I do now..?
                    I have seen the letters and a lot of posters on here have received the same letter form Cabot saying the account is unenforceable. I have suggested writing to the solicitors handling the claim asking them to discontinue the claim in view of the fact their own clients admit the debt is unenforceable and are not permitted to obtain judgment, that being the case why proceed with a claim they have no chance of winning. I've suggested saying they should discontinue to avoid further costs and hassle whilst pursuing what the claimants themselves know to be a hopeless case, attaching a copy of Cabot's letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X