• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC/First Credit DCA Overdraft court claim Please HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC/First Credit DCA Overdraft court claim Please HELP

Hi Guys.

Just got a CCBC claim form got 10days to respond.

dates as follows:

Overdraft facility with HSBC
    512/13 alleged default
    28/10/14 Debt assigned to First Credit
    Notice of assignment sent out
    Claimant claims £2122+court fees.

im a house wife. no real income with five children. Ive asked for a settlement figure but they wont budge. What steps shall i take to ge the information and to possiblly defend if there are problems with there claim?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: HSBC/First Credit DCA Overdraft court claim Please HELP

Welcome aboard

You will find full instructions of how to respond here: You need to acknowledge the claim and tick the box saying you intend to defend the whole claim. You should be able to do it online using the p/w printed on your claim form. You'll find full instructions here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim

As this is an overdraft, the CCA request referred to in step 2 does not apply, so don't send it, but do send the CRP 31/14 letter.

Out of interest, when you say above 'alleged default 5/12/13', when was this account actually terminated?

Comment

Hi Thanks for thr advise. I will send the 31.14 letter. The account was closed down sometime ago as there was not enough activity on the account. Will this make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by freemason2012 View Post
        Hi Thanks for thr advise. I will send the 31.14 letter. The account was closed down sometime ago as there was not enough activity on the account. Will this make a difference.
        Just trying to find out whether the account was terminated over six years ago in which case it could be statute barred.

Comment

As this is an OD the LA 1980 6 year period starts the date when the creditor is entitled

" Demand Payment in full immediately, e,g. when you first receive such a demand or a " Final Demand For Payment".

Did you get any such letters?

nem

Comment

I do remeber receiving this but it was less than 6 years.

Comment

Hello Freemason,

Is there any dispute about the account?

A quick check on credit reference files may confirm the default date,. try Noddle ( Call Credits) Free online service.

nem

Comment

Hi Guys. Its been 7days since i sent out the CPR31.14 email to moon beever. They have sent me two letters. 1. letter from HSBC informing me the debt has been sold to 1st Credit. 2. A letter from 1st credit saying the same. I have not received the contract/agreement, default notice or notice of termination. Its been 7 days and they have not asked for more time or an extension. can i now write to the court to strike out the claim?

Comment

CPR 31.14 is likely to be declined on the grounds that the claim will be allocated to the " small claims track".
                  What you have received are Notices of Assignment
                  required by the CCA 1974.
                  What exactly did you write when seeking a settlement one might expect the claimant to state
                  the debt is not statute barred if the letter can be construed as an admission of liability.

Have you check credit files as suggested earlier.

nem

Comment

Hi Guys. Its been 7days since i sent out the CPR31.14 email to moon beever. They have sent me two letters. 1. letter from HSBC informing me the debt has been sold to 1st Credit. 2. A letter from 1st credit saying the same. I have not received the contract/agreement, default notice or notice of termination. Its been 7 days and they have not asked for more time or an extension. can i now write to the court to strike out the claim?
                    You could try asking them to agree to a 28 day extension as allowed by CPR 15.5. As a defendant, it is your responsibility to inform the court of the agreement.

Strike out is a last resort where there is no other applicable remedy.

As this is an overdraft, there wouldn't be a credit agreement as such, it would have been a current account, so you couldn't look at defects with the agreement which could make it unenforceable, nor could you argue non-compliance with a request under s.77/79 of the CCA in your defence. If the overdraft was recalled by the bank less than six years ago, it wouldn't be SBd. You have already received the notice of assignment. If there is no further reason to dispute the account, you may consider settlement via a Tomlin order to avoid a CCJ on record.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X