• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Please - Court Hearing help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Please - Court Hearing help

Quick update, I've received court documents stating ccj set aside .

Called registry trust and confirmed CCJ removed. Will check next week on credit file to confirm.
    Received n180 from court have completed and send the form and now waiting for the next hearing date.
    Will update with the outcome of next hearings.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyg View Post
      Quick update, I've received court documents stating ccj set aside .

Called registry trust and confirmed CCJ removed. Will check next week on credit file to confirm.
      Received n180 from court have completed and send the form and now waiting for the next hearing date.
      Will update with the outcome of next hearings.

Thanks.
      Responding to PM.

Progress at last MG if you need help please let us know.

nem

Comment

Hi another update I've got hearing date now I will update you in few weeks time.

1. Just to check that I've to carry copies of all the evidence, statements and letters (even-though I've already sent these to court by recorded delivery)?

2. If I lose at hearing will CCJ will go on my credit file straight away or I will be given 1 months time to pay and if unpaid this will show on my file?

Thanks

Regards

Comment

Hi another update I've got hearing date now I will update you in few weeks time.

1. Just to check that I've to carry copies of all the evidence, statements and letters (even-though I've already sent these to court by recorded delivery)?
          Yes, it's always a good idea to be well prepared in case you need to produce anything. :thumb:
          2. If I lose at hearing will CCJ will go on my credit file straight away or I will be given 1 months time to pay and if unpaid this will show on my file?
          If a CCJ is paid within one month it will be wiped off the registry and not recorded on your credit file. :grin:

Comment

Hi need your help, Due to my mothers health I might have to make urgent visit to the US in next few weeks which means I might miss the hearin.
            Can you please suggest if there is a way I can request hearing date to be postpone further.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi need your help, Due to my mothers health I might have to make urgent visit to the US in next few weeks which means I might miss the hearin.
              Can you please suggest if there is a way I can request hearing date to be postpone further.

Thanks.
              Responding to your PM.
              Hi MG,
              Sorry to hear about your mother I hope everything works out for her!

Put the claimant on notice that you have a personal problem that might
              have to be addressed as a matter of urgency at any time they will have to
              agree to any delay so put it to them first then the court.

nem

Comment

Thanks for replying I called court today they've advised if claimaint agrees then Ive to pay £50 with covering letter and then date can be moved

Comment

Thanks for replying I called court today they've advised if claimaint agrees then Ive to pay £50 with covering letter and then date can be moved
                  Is that ok with you MG?

How is your mother?

nem

Comment

Hi Thanks for your reply, My mother is better now and I can attend the hearing, I've called sols yesterday as I have not received any explanation or evidence requested in the defence. Sols advised me they're still dealing with the request however I am certain that they don't have the copy of the deed and this was the main reason why ccj was set aside.

I am now looking to sue claimaint for the efforts i've made e.g the letters sent and time taken off from work to attend hearing and deal with the matter and legal cost occured. Can you please advise me you have such letter or template which I can use to make claimaint and sols aware of my next action.

Thanks alot and much appreciate your help in this matter.

Comment

Hi Thanks for your reply, My mother is better now and I can attend the hearing, I've called sols yesterday as I have not received any explanation or evidence requested in the defence. Sols advised me they're still dealing with the request however I am certain that they don't have the copy of the deed and this was the main reason why ccj was set aside.
                      Great news! :thumb: Happy to hear that. xx
                      I am now looking to sue claimaint for the efforts i've made e.g the letters sent and time taken off from work to attend hearing and deal with the matter and legal cost occured. Can you please advise me you have such letter or template which I can use to make claimaint and sols aware of my next action.

I don't think you'd have grounds for suing them as such but you could try to recover your costs and disbursements such as travel expenses, etc. and your time as a LIP can be charged @ £19/hr.

Comment

can you pls provide me link or letter template which I can use thanks

Comment

Hello MG,

Pleased to hear your mother is well now, must be a great relief!!

Do you think it would be better to wait until the deed matter is finalised?

What you will need to do is compile a " letter before action" which basically
                          means laying out what you believe has happened the effects that have arisen
                          because of their actions and what you require them to do to avoid you making
                          a claim against them.

I'm not sure at the moment if I'll be around but If needed will try to help as long as possible.

nem

Comment

the only reason I am doing so is to make them think that of they proceed with hearing then this may lead to counterclaim without proper evidences however if they've deed they will continue?

If you think there is no point then I won't do this

Comment

the only reason I am doing so is to make them think that of they proceed with hearing then this may lead to counterclaim without proper evidences however if they've deed they will continue?

If you think there is no point then I won't do this
                              Good morning MG,
                              Responding to your PM,

Putting an LBA together for this will take time I can make a draft for you if you wish.
                              I will have to continuously so it will take a fair time to compile.
                              This kind of claim is in my opinion is fraught with danger costs not being the least.

If the Deed is produced then I would put money on them continuing.

nem

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Yes please if you can compile a letter I will appreciate that.

My plan is if they produced deed and if they are able to explain why payments are showing and who made these payments(valid debt) then offer settlement and avoid hearing.

However if not I will surely take this further for wasting my time/stress.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X