• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell / shop direct - 29-4-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell / shop direct - 29-4-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 29-4-2015
    Amount approx: 281.29
    Claimant: Lowell
    Solicitor: Bryan Carter Solicitors
    Original Credit: shop direct

Particulars of Claim:
    RE-Shop Direct

Stat Barred?

Have sent:

Other Info:
    I've received the claim form through the post but not sure how to proceed.

I cant remember any account with shop direct or when the account was created,

The letter states the debt was assigned/purchased by lowell on 02/09/2010

I signed up with noodle to have a look and theres nothing on there for shop direct or any catalogues.

Theres a lowel default on there with an account start date of 11/11/2008 and a default date of 23/08/2010, I have never made a payment to them and dont really know where the debt has come from

With regards to the statue barred 6 years thing, when would the 6 years start? would it start from the original debt or from when lowel bought the debt or from the account date or default date?

I tried to acknowledge the claim online but I am having trouble registering, I get an error when entering my address so do I acknowledge via post?

Last edited by gtigeneral; 6th May 2015, 16:02:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / shop direct - 29-4-2015

Anyone?

Comment

So I made an offer for £100 a month and they have accepted, but they have placed a CCJ on my credit report? I thought that if i responded within the time frame and the offer is accepted then they wouldn't do that, or does it dissapear once the debt has been paid off?

Comment

If you can manage to pay it all within the first 28 days ( I think) the CCJ will be removed. Once it is all paid you can get a certificate of satisfaction from the court .
        I am sorry no one came to your aid, did you file an acknowledgement and defence or did they just get a default judgement

Comment

Thanks for replying. I don't even know where the debt originally comes from, I didnt know how to go about finding out so I just acknowledged the claim and made an offer to pay £100 a month which was accepted. looks like i'll have to pay it off within the first month then

Comment

Originally posted by gtigeneral View Post
            So I made an offer for £100 a month and they have accepted, but they have placed a CCJ on my credit report? I thought that if i responded within the time frame and the offer is accepted then they wouldn't do that,
            I'm sorry your thread got missed when you first posted it.

This is a large site and sometimes things can be missed. For future reference, if there are no responses it's a good idea to give the post a bump, otherwise it drops off the recent posts list.

Failing that, you can also report the post by hitting the little triangle, this will bring it to the attention of the Site Team and should get Amethyst or Kati on the case. :yo:

Did you make the offer by returning the admission form by any chance? If so, upon receipt of an admission they can request judgment.

or does it dissapear once the debt has been paid off?
            Sadly not, it stays on record for six years, only it's marked as satisfied. As Jon says above, if a CCJ is paid off in full within 28 days then it does disappear. :thumb:

It's just as well this seem to be a rather small debt, if it was me I'd do my best to try and pay it off, it'd be rather annoying to have a CCJ on record for six years doing damage to your creditworthiness for the sake of that amount. :mmph:

Comment

Thanks for replying. I don't even know where the debt originally comes from, I didnt know how to go about finding out so I just acknowledged the claim and made an offer to pay £100 a month which was accepted. looks like i'll have to pay it off within the first month then
              ShopDirect is a home shopping group that operates under various trading styles such as Very, Littlewoods, Isme and K&Co.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X