• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global

Hi Guys
    You will have to go along with me on this one, I have posted a good few comments about my particular case in great detail, and to be honest Amethyst and Nemesis, have been very, very helpful, and I have followed the suggested instructions that they have given me, the bottom line being that I am reasonably computer literate, but I am not as sharp as you guys, I am 64 and I was a floor layer for over 45 years, I was quite successful for many years and had up to forty guys working for me, cutting a long story short, I am now 64 have and have lost everything, I live in a one bedroom rented flat with my wife of over forty years, yes, I had a house worth half a million pound house in the eighties and yes, I lost it through bad investments, these things happen. we got over it, I cleared many debts, but I left the odd debt outstanding, one particular debt Arrow Global have picked up on and had it assigned 10 years later, despite the great advice that the guys have given me, AG do not appear to want to go away. As I said I am 64, my wife is 62 and we have no assets, I now receive Pension credits for both of us and I have stopped work through health reasons, I also receive a pips allowance ( my knees are shot ) and we also receive housing benefit, I have paid in to the system all my working life, I reach my 65th birthday in two weeks time my pension will be the same as my pension credits, I know that Arrow would never be able to retrieve this debt in full, they would be lucky to get £5 per month, but I am fed up with writing letters to them and the court, does anybody have any suggestions the best way to handle this situation. I really are now at my wits end.
    Roger
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global

:bump: For you got my own battle with them at the moment.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Good evening Roger,
      I have replied on your thread not a few minutes ago.

The situation is in it simplest and most basic form this:
      Arrow Global has acquired a very old debt and has a judgement by default, for which you have grounds to set aside as the claim was started when the debt was already statute barred.??
      Your choices are:

Gather evidence of the status of the debt and apply to set aside the judgement.
      OR.
      Let AG pursue the judgement and go through the process of negotiating a " repayment arrangement"
      OR
      Writing a letter to AG putting forward the fact that the debt was statute barred when the claim was issued.
      Together with an explanation of your personal financial status and " suggesting" that they take a "commercial"
      view of this matter and leave the CCJ on file as there is no prospect of you making any payments on the judgement.

I will help you all the way with what you decide to do.

There is one thing that you need to remember whoever they are judgement or no judgement "one cannot get blood out of a stone".

nem

Comment

Hi Nem
        Thanks for your sound advice, I think I will go down the road of trying to get it set aside, I have been racking my brains and the last time I think I used or paid anything off that egg card was in 2006/7, which would still make it 7/8 years ago, it was a short while after having my house demolished to build two new ones and that it all went well wrong. As I said the credit check does not show a thing about this debt.
        Many Thanks
        Roger

There are others less fortunate than ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfoulser View Post
          Hi Nem
          Thanks for your sound advice, I think I will go down the road of trying to get it set aside, I have been racking my brains and the last time I think I used or paid anything off that egg card was in 2006/7, which would still make it 7/8 years ago, it was a short while after having my house demolished to build two new ones and that it all went well wrong. As I said the credit check does not show a thing about this debt.
          Many Thanks
          Roger

There are others less fortunate than ourselves
          Hi.
          Roger as said I'll help you through this a much as possible.

Points was this card one of those flogged off to Barclays?? If so it may be worth a SAR to find out just when and when events have occurred.
          Not on CRA files = defaulted more than 6 years ago.

Have tried Noddle ( Call Credits Free offshoot) sometimes this has more historical data than the other agencies?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X