• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting two unknown CCJ'S set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting two unknown CCJ'S set aside

Hello All, I'm new here after a friend recommend I post my issues with CCJ's.

In my early 20's I fell on hard times and managed to build up around £10'000 worth of debt. Flash forward to 2015 and all of my dept is either in a affordable payment, plan, settled or partially settled. Today I went to tackle two more debts owned by Blue Arrow LTD one was a virgin credit card and another was for a dorethy perkins store card the accounts stand at £869 and £691 respectivly. I wanted to see if I could partially settle the debt buy paying £500 to each account. The Man on the phone at Blue Arrow informed me that whilst the dorethy perkins dept had been sent on to there sister company dryden fairfax he would like to discuss payment but had two inform me both accounts had CCJ's against. This was the first time I heard this and asked why I had not been contacted at any point to inform me, H e said he wanted to transfer me to their legal epartment who would explain what a ccj is and the he would set up a payment plan, when he put me on hold I hung up. I signed up for Noodle and could see the blue arrow accounts in the financial information for the above amounts and in the public information there were indeed two CCJ'S one for £869 and one for £838 filed in 2012 and 2014. I called the county court and asked what the CCJ's were for and they told me Santander and MBNA, I believe MBNA is the virgin card and Santander the DP store card.

So now to the question I do not deny the dept being mine however I had no idea about the CCJ's as I'm on a low income I have been tackling my depts based on ugency and had I known they were taking legal action I'd have tackled these two earlier but I have had no letters or calls regarding a CCJ's? Also I may be naieve but why do the CCJ's and blue arrow acounts show up for diffent amounts if they are the same accounts? I am still willing to pay the £500 on each account is there a way of doing this and having the CCJ set aside?

Any advie is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Em
    Tags: None

Re: Getting two unknown CCJ'S set aside

You do need to be sure that the two CCJs relate to the two Blue Arrow accounts - phone them up and ask. I am going to assume that they do.

I also suggest that you should check your credit records with all three credit reference agencies - Noddle my be free, but it isn't always reliable. See http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loa...-credit-report for how to do this.

My guess is that you hadn't informed the creditors of a new address, hence the court papers were not sent to you - is this possible?

It seems likely that you have little or no chance of getting these CCJs set aside, because it doesn't sound as though you have a defence to them. As the accounts are still showing on your credit record, they are unlikely to be statute barred. A set aside application now unfortunately costs £155 - there is no point in making one unless you expect to win.

Comment

Re: Getting two unknown CCJ'S set aside

Good morning Em,
      Welcome to LB.

When were these CCJ's awarded?
      *****Have you moved residence at any point during the life of these accounts?*******
      The difference in amounts is the addition of court and solicitors fees.
      Drydens Fairfax is a firm of solicitors with a core business of debt collection.
      DF will have issued the claims on behalf of BA.

The process is that a " claim pack" is issued by the Northampton County Court Business Centre,
      this contains the claim form ( Particulars of the Claim) and an " Acknowledgment of Service" form and an explanatory booklet.

Set aside: Not receiving a claim is grounds for set aside, but you will need to have a viable defence to the original claim to succeed.
      (Denying the debt is yours is really not an option I think.
      Application for set aside need to made asap after judgement.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning Em,<br>Welcome to LB.<br><br>When were these CCJ's awarded?<br>*****Have you moved residence at any point during the life of these accounts?*******<br>The difference in amounts is the addition of court and solicitors fees.<br>Drydens Fairfax is&nbsp; a firm of solicitors with a core business of debt collection.<br>DF will have issued the claims on behalf of BA.<br><br>The process is that a " claim pack" is issued by the Northampton County Court Business Centre,<br>this contains the claim form ( Particulars of the Claim) and an " Acknowledgment of Service" form and an explanatory booklet.<br><br>Set aside: Not receiving a claim is grounds for set aside, but you will need to have a viable defence to the original claim to succeed.<br>(Denying the debt is yours is really not an option I think.<br>Application for set aside need to made asap after judgement.<br><br>nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X