• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen court claim robson way please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Cohen court claim robson way please help

Dear all Hope your all enjoying the weather we are having today.

i received a court claim form on the last week from Howard Cohen solicitors, they did not give 10 days to respond in their original letter.

the debt was for under £4,500k and was taken out in 2008 from Alliance an leciester and now apparently it has been taken over by satander and now been passed onto various debt agencies during the last several years and finally now I think its robson way. I replied in my defence to court papers as it was statute barred as was I sure of it, that 6 years had passed..

Howard cohen responded stating that I made a payment in July 2009, making it not statute barred and now I am worried. I cannot recall if I did or not..
    they have asked me to withdraw my defence in writing.
    i never really got a breakdown of the intersts and their has so been so many DCA during the years I cannot recall how many.
    Do they need to provide details of payment, I.e transaction detail ref. and what account it came from..

alliance leicester never sid they passed on the debt, also I remembered seeing it was gone upto £10k at one point from another DCA..

To make matters worse we had a burglary last month and they took all our valuables 10k loss insurance not paying out..

please help..
    Tags: None

Re: Howard Cohen court claim robson way please help

Welcome aboard

Not had much time to enjoy the weather but it's lovely to see spring springing.

Sorry to hear about the burglary, may I ask why the insurance is not paying out?

Santander bought the A&L as a whole, I also bank with them purely for that reason. I think all A&L accounts were fully rebranded by 2010. The A&L ceased to exist and became absorbed by Santander.

Is there any reason why you would have made just ONE random payment in July 2009? Sounds a bit odd. :noidea:

Have they provided you with a statement showing that payment or just a letter saying a payment was made?

Comment

You need to tell Cohen to prove the payment, exactly when, how and by whom!
      nem

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        Welcome aboard

Not had much time to enjoy the weather but it's lovely to see spring springing.

Sorry to hear about the burglary, may I ask why the insurance is not paying out?

Santander bought the A&L as a whole, I also bank with them purely for that reason. I think all A&L accounts were fully rebranded by 2010. The A&L ceased to exist and became absorbed by Santander.

Is there any reason why you would have made just ONE random payment in July 2009? Sounds a bit odd. :noidea:

Have they provided you with a statement showing that payment or just a letter saying a payment was made?
        The insurance are not paying out based on discrepancies apparently we did not disclose all the jewelery abound £1500 mark. We are still fighting it.

howard cohen said that the last paymenf on the account was July 2009. I cannot recall I called Barclays and they said they don't have information going that far back and I would need to request this in writing..

what if they are just bluffing and why would they invite me to withdraw my defence, if they had such a strong case, why wouldn't they charge ahead full steam..

Also I was thinking of writing to them to acquire this information before progressing to court hearing.. Do they need to give me this information, account details, payment made, which account made from, ref no. so I can check with my bank?? Or do you think they don't have full details and just a simple entry. Which will obviously help I. My favour if I did make that payment..

thanks guys

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X