• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Attachment of earnings Worried please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment of earnings Worried please help

Hello.
    I am really worried about a attachment of earnings letter I recieved 2 days ago for a debt that I forgot about and is almost 6 years old. The original debt I had was with halifax Plc which has now been taken on by capquest and their solicitors drydens fair fax. I do acknowledge the original debt but I had no idea that cap quest had bought the debt and have added extra charges to it. What are my options, it say I have 8 days to respond .any advice would be greatly received . Thanks

Re: Attachment of earnings Worried please help

I don't understand. What is this about Attachment of earnings. They can't do it because they feel like it, it has to go to court first. Have you had any court papers? Don't acknowledge the debt at all! I hope you haven't.

Comment

Check online to see if there is a CCJ registered against you as far as I am aware a AOE can only be granted by a court as a further action after a CCJ is granted and unpaid

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        I don't understand. What is this about Attachment of earnings. They can't do it because they feel like it, it has to go to court first. Have you had any court papers? Don't acknowledge the debt at all! I hope you haven't.
        Hello, I had a letter before which was a ccj against me I ignored it as I thought it was fake but it seems it wasn't as I now have this attachment of earning and it has my local court on it

Comment

Was this " a general order of judgement for claimant" if so it would have the court stamp on it.
          If this is correct AOE is possible.

nem

Comment

I just checked trust online and there is a ccj against me at the county court business centre registered on 12/1 2015

Comment

Yes this is correct , it did have a court stamp from Northampton on it. So moving forward what are my options with aoe ? Is it best to return the form and try to agree affordable monthly payments, if I don't do anything they will inform my work and I could lose my job I could also be thrown into prison or having enforcement officers on my door

Comment

They may just go for an AOE instead of accepting your offer after all AOE guarantees the money if you stay employed they may feel as you have ignored paying before you would do it again.
                Sorry to be blunt but they want money not promises

Comment

The claimant can get the order then go straight to the employer who cannot refuse to cooperate.
                  Debt is Not a Criminal Offence in the UK.
                  You can certainly try negotiating them, complete the form and make an offer which must be reasonable for you to afford and acceptable to the claimant.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X