• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter Court Case - Friday - Can't Attend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter Court Case - Friday - Can't Attend

In that case i see no reason why, barring bloody mindedness on behalf of the court, why you haven't satisfied those requirements.

The concern, however, is that if it goes ahead without the parties that the judge will go ahead on the papers and you haven't defended anything because they have, eventually, submitted paperwork and you have nothing in that says the paperwork is duff. Whilst in a small claim it is still permissible to enter a skeleton argument it might be to late to have it considered and you don't appear to even know what your defence is yet.

M1

Comment

If you do not attend its a 50/50 gamble for you its down to having a Judge who favours them or you.
      Can you not miss the course after all if anything like an accident happens on the way to this course you would miss it?
      Remember an unsatisfied CCJ stays against you for 6 years .
      Good luck though

Comment

I see where you are coming from. Unfortunately missing the course is not an option because a) i've just had promotion and b) it will affect my future career by not being correctly licensed.

I don't dispute the debt - I'll will pay it but when this all started, I didn't have any idea what it was for. I applied for mediation because that was offered however they couldn't fit me in and it proceeded down the court route (they did write and tell me.) I've constructed a witness statement and I'll post it today - special delivery. I've asked if the court would respectfully consider it. If they find in favour of the claimant then I'm luckily going to be able to pay off the judgement before it's registered but that's bye bye to my company bonus in March.......I guess I've not thought it through but I thought in all honesty that BC would back down, especially when they didn't comply in the timeframes and that would have been my defence if you see what i mean.

Comment

I've put my defence pack together and i'll post it off this afternoon. Thank you for your help everyone. I came on here a bit stressed this morning but you've all been brilliant!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X