• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/bryan carter solicitors/court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/bryan carter solicitors/court claim form

See what others think, but if you cannot pay it off = as satisfied, then in writing make an agreement of a sum affordable to you in the long run, even if you have to go back to court for redetermine what payments you can afford that way it is set in gold, and you cannot be chased by the DCA/purchaser,

But meantime await what Nem or Ame have to say best way forward,

Comment

We still don't seem to have full explanation as to what the TWO claims are,
      Carter/Lowell and ?????

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=osophi;538990]
        Originally posted by osophi View Post
        Hi, thank you Nem,

I probably did not make myself very clear. There are now two claims. One is from Carter/Lowell. I submitted the defence for this and i received a response from the court on 9 March 2015, acknowledging my defence and advising me a copy has been served to the solicitor etc..... Carters have also written to me letter date 19 March, but i received this today. They advise that they will proceed with the matter and are prepared to enter into negotiation. I need advise of how to proceed with this please.

In terms of the Lowell/Carter, I did not get a response regarding way forward with this but there has been some developments. I will start from letter dated 20 February to give it some context and to remind you all.

20 feb - Letter from Bryan advising that it may be allocated to small claims track, and that it was just a contractual mattter and that Part 31 will not apply, and would not agree to an extention following my letters on 16 Feb (probably standard).

9 Mar - HM Court acknowledge defence I submitted

19 Mar (letter received 27 Mar) - Bryan advise Lowell want to negotiate or mediate, and advised that i seek legal advise

14 April - Court sent Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track form

21 April - Bryan letter advising that they are prepared to settle out of court, and look forward to hearing from me. Attached to it is a Directions Questionnaire (Small Claims Track) form

1. Please Please Please, what do i do with these two forms from Court and Bryan?
        2. What is the best way forward from here

Osophi

thank you
        Hi Nem,

One of the two claims is:

Carter/Lowell - Barclays/Monument Credit Card

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi, thank you Nem,

And the second claim against me is by Cabot/Shoosmith and the particulars is as follows:-

1. The claimant claims the sum of xxxx being monies from the defendant to the claimant under regulated agreement between the defendant and XXXXX (account number) and assigned to the claimant on 31 Oct 2007, notice of which is provided to the defendant.

If you need the rest of it, let me know, but this is the claim (CCJ) that has been placed on the file on 23 March. No i did not submit a defence and the time lapsed. The issue date of the claim form is 27 FEb 2015. Can I do anything about his one?
          Thank you very much Mike, so no way of negotiating to have it removed then. I have been very stupid in this case. Too many letters of a similar nature and i just got overwhelmed with it all.

*What about question 3?
          *To pay or negotiate, of course i may need to talk to them, would that open any can of worms at all?

Osophi
          Hi Nem,

This is a Shoosmith/Cabot - Barclaycard Littlewoods Credit Card - now CCJ

Does this help?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X