• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydens Fairfax / Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drydens Fairfax / Arrow Global

Hi
    Just giving this a bump to see if Amethyst or others can advise further. Thanks

Comment

Hi. Anyone help on this please ? I could do with getting a reply off sharpish to make them aware I know they're stalling for time.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kentman2006 View Post
        (It's not SB, but a/c opened in 2006. Had three redundancies quickly in 2008/9/10 and a period of unemployment and lost track of most debts then.
        MBNA apparently offloaded it to Arrow Global.)
        Sadly that was the case for a lot of people, all due to the actions of the banks. Virtually all defaulted MBNA accounts were sold to Arrow in 2012 or thereabouts (except mine, as far as I know). Debt purchasers feeding off the misery caused by their big bad brothers.

Their wording about "you are in no prejudice to hold for the documents" I wasn't sure what they meant ?
        That not supplying you with the documents isn't doing you any harm.

Do you think I should reply to their email letter so they know I won't be intimidated by their legalese threat to recover costs ? And how long do you think is reasonable to allow them to keep in stayed before I lodge a strike out.
        And is that risky if they defend that and counterclaim their costs ? The 28-day to respond rule is surely there for a reason ?
        IMHO there's little point in replying to that email. Your next step would be to do the application. It's up to you really, you don't want the case hanging over you forever.

And should they manage to come up with the original docs from 2006, and I end up with nowhere to go, can I ask them for a Tomlin Order instead of a CCJ, and use their protracted delays and my goodwill (i.e. not striking out), as a bargaining chip?
        Yes, a Tomlin Order can be used to stay proceedings as long as you keep to the terms of the order. :thumb: This is an example: http://s236.photobucket.com/user/rip...tter4.jpg.html

Hi. Anyone help on this please ? I could do with getting a reply off sharpish to make them aware I know they're stalling for time.
        As above, there's hardly any point in replying, it won't achieve anything. If they haven't got the documents, they won't be able to send them to you.

Comment

Thank you very much FP.

I may let it lie for a couple of months, then apply for a strike action. It would be over 120 days by then since my defence was filed.
          You're right I don't want it hanging over me forever, but also want it put to bed and struck off if they can't supply anything after all that time.

Comment

Hi Flaming Parrot & others

Well after an eternity, Drydens finally came up with all the documents which MBNA somehow managed to locate. But they have offered to withdraw the CCJ action and have offered a Tomlin Order, which I have reluctantly agreed to, rather than continue with my defence.
            So all in all, I've avoided a CCJ which is the main thing. Thanks for all the advice and guidance on here folks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X