• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

received a ccj from northampton county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• received a ccj from northampton county court

hi
    due to ill health and complication in my pregancy and issues with my new born and death in the family I did not pay attention to the court claims since early sep 14 which resulted in two ccj issued against me,
    just wondering if there is anything i can do, I do not recall any of these companies I have ever dealt with,
    the claimant are cabot financial and solicitors are mortimer clarke.
    please assist
    Tags: None

Re: received a ccj from northampton county court

Please post up all the details you have on both CCJ's.
    Did you retain the claim packs / claim forms?

Comment

ccj no 1
      claim no A0xxxxxxxx
      county court business centre
      court office st katherines house
      claimant cabot financial
      name address of payment wright hassle llp
      you have not replied to claim form therfore ordered to pay 1420.00 for debt{and interest to date of judgment}and 172 for costs {less 100.00 which you have already paid)I did not pay anything
      dated 04/12/2014
      if you ignore this order your goods may be removed and sold or enforcement proceedings may be taken against you. if your circumstances change you cannot pay ask the court office what you can do.
      notes to defendent
      how to pay
      ccj no 2
      claim no A0xxxxxxxx
      county court business centre
      court office st katherines house
      claimant cabot financial uk
      name address of payment mortimer clarke
      you have not replied to claim form therfore ordered to pay 1537.54 for debt{and interest to date of judgment}and 207 for costs {less 0.00 which you have already paid)
      dated 19/01/2015
      if you ignore this order your goods may be removed and sold or enforcement proceedings may be taken against you. if your circumstances change you cannot pay ask the court office what you can do.
      notes to defendent
      how to pay

If you meant by claim packs the warnings I received yes i do recall receiving no 2 but did receive 1 and asked for additional 14 days.and then all the personnal circumstances kicked in.

please assist

Comment

Good morning,

"The claim pack" is sent out from NCCBC it contains the claim form/ acknowledgment etc.
        So both claims undefended due to your personal circumstances?

To get these set aside you will have to have a viable defence to both claims, do you have any defence?

Set aside applications need to be made as soon as possible after the judgement.

Comment

Would I be able to counterclaim as I am not aware of these debts?
          only defence i have is that I was expecting baby and had complications during pregnancy, and after baby was born with the baby,
          I

Comment

I don't think there is any grounds for a "counter claim" here.

To get these set aside for whatever reason e.g. claim for not received or too ill to cope with the claim, you still need a defence to the original claim.

I suggest you contact the NCCBC on Monday and ask for copies of the claim forms as you have no knowledge of the original debts.

Then we may have some idea of how to put a defence together.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X