• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter/Lowells Claim. SB. Ficticious payment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter/Lowells Claim. SB. Ficticious payment?

you any further forward abraxas? I am not! heard nothing from court n 3 weeks since completed N180 and 5 weeks since I demanded proof from BC re the alleged £1

Comment

Hi debs, sounds like you are a bit further ahead in the process than me. Haven't heard anything from the court or BC since my last post on here... very frustrating but that does seem to be the name of the game so to speak.

Comment

Hi everyone, just wanted to check what the expected timescales are for next action - I haven't heard from the court at all since submitting my defence (it was submitted at the end of December). Just a bit worried that something from the court may have been lost in the post... thanks :-)

Comment

Phone the court and ask for a progress report.
          nem

Comment

Thanks nem :-)

I have phoned the court (and very helpful and friendly they are!) and they say the case was stayed early Feb. The person I spoke to said that this meant that no further action is going to take place, but that BC could re-activate it at any time. She also said I could apply to strike out the case if I wish.

So I think I understand all of that, but the obvious question is should I now do nothing and consider the matter over, or should I move quickly to get the case struck out? The fact that the case could be re-opened at any time doesn't make me feel like I can celebrate just yet!
            Last edited by abraxas; 16th February 2015, 12:45:PM.

Comment

A word of warning here. I have had judgement against me for SB debt because of a payment I did not make.

The judge put the onus on ME to prove I had NOT authorised the payment (from a third party) even though I had put the other side to strict proof that the payment was from me (it wasn't). I am going to appeal but be aware this could happen.

Comment

You could give Carter notice that you intend to apply for the claim to be struck out within 7 days.

nem

Comment

my N180 was due by 15th January and sent it recorded delivery early and still heard nothing from court or BC re the alleged £1, Will send BC another letter midweek and ring court Monday if I don't hear anything this week. It's strange [MENTION=60148]abraxas[/MENTION] as one minute we are bombarded with letters then... deafening silence! wish you luck my friend

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X