• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - cabot / citi - 24-11-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - cabot / citi - 24-11-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 24-11-2014
    Amount approx: 3000
    Claimant: cabot
    Solicitor: drydens
    Original Credit: citi

Particulars of Claim:
    claimants claim for sum 3,031.31 under agreement reg by cca 1974
    between defendant and sav
    account no...and assign to claimant on 28/04/2011 notice of which provided to defendant
    the defendant has failed to payment with terms of agreement
    despite such requests
    claimant claims the sums of 3,031.32 together with costs

Stat Barred?

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    credit card 2008 payments stopped, due to severe illness (rheumatoid arthritis).for the next 4 years partner had to deal with all my personal finances.
    over the past few years received odd letters from opus,cabot, drydens not had any dealings with any of these companys.
    in the summer i did send drydens a letter not acknowledging debt, then received a balance with no explanation.
    to date;Acknowledged the Claim 1/12/14
    cpr 31.14 req 1/12/14 no response.
    11/12/14 phone call informed me account on hold, also requested 15.5 extension account on hold was reply.
    cca req 2/12/14 received reply anticipate 40 days
    15/12/14 sent letter request 15.5 extension with 7 day deadline.no response.
    i did highlight i would apply for an order of the court to allow such an extension.
    is N244 the way to go.
    thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - cabot / citi - 24-11-2014

Originally posted by green fingers View Post
    Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 24-11-2014
    Amount approx: 3000
    Claimant: cabot
    Solicitor: drydens
    Original Credit: citi

Particulars of Claim:
    claimants claim for sum 3,031.31 under agreement reg by cca 1974
    between defendant and sav
    account no...and assign to claimant on 28/04/2011 notice of which provided to defendant
    the defendant has failed to payment with terms of agreement
    despite such requests
    claimant claims the sums of 3,031.32 together with costs

Stat Barred?

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    credit card 2008 payments stopped, due to severe illness (rheumatoid arthritis).for the next 4 years partner had to deal with all my personal finances.
    over the past few years received odd letters from opus,cabot, drydens not had any dealings with any of these companys.
    in the summer i did send drydens a letter not acknowledging debt, then received a balance with no explanation.
    to date;Acknowledged the Claim 1/12/14
    cpr 31.14 req 1/12/14 no response.
    11/12/14 phone call informed me account on hold, also requested 15.5 extension account on hold was reply.
    cca req 2/12/14 received reply anticipate 40 days
    15/12/14 sent letter request 15.5 extension with 7 day deadline.no response.
    i did highlight i would apply for an order of the court to allow such an extension.
    is N244 the way to go.
    thank you in advance
    We are in the exact same position, I have phoned Drydens several times for an extension which they have agreed over the phone but I cant get them to email a confirmation, I am thinking of maybe submitting the defence now as time is running out.

Comment

Re: Court Claim - cabot / citi - 24-11-2014

I'm in the same position re: Cabot & Citi, except solicitors are Right Hassle (Wright Hassell).

I have submitted a defence based on
      1.Non compliance with CCA
      2 Non compliance with CPR

The court have given Right Hassle /Cabot 28 days to either put up or give up.
      If nothing happens during those 28 days the action will be stayed unless the court agrees to re-instate.masdopey:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X