• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot & Wright Hassell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot & Wright Hassell

Hi

I received Court Claim on 24/11/14 from Weight Hassell on behalf on Cabot.

I sent a standard letter to Wright Hassell asking for details under CPR, reply does not acknowledge any responsibilit but request response in 14 days.

It has been acknowledged on MCOL. I have responded with standard response requesting documents, will inform Court if not received,

I have also sent request under CCA to Cabot, it has stated does not have documents but might be able to get them within 40 days.

The original creditor is CitiFinancial.

My ultimate defence is SB. My last payment was October 2008.
    No correspondence with Cabot.

Advice please.

Re: Cabot & Wright Hassell

Originally posted by spirit2534 View Post
    I received Court Claim on 24/11/14 from Weight Hassell on behalf on Cabot.
    What's the date on the claim? You have a total of 33 days to submit a defence, you can use this calculator to determine the date: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

I sent a standard letter to Wright Hassell asking for details under CPR, reply does not acknowledge any responsibilit but request response in 14 days.
    In any case, the clock would have been reset when the claim was issued, however, if the debt was SBd at the time, nothing can 'unbar' it. :thumb:

It has been acknowledged on MCOL. I have responded with standard response requesting documents, will inform Court if not received,
    If you don't receive the documents in 7 days, you can ask them to agree to a 28 day extension which is the maximum allowed under CPR15.5. To save time, you can ring them and ask them to send you an email if they agree to an extension. You then forward their response to the court. :typing:

I have also sent request under CCA to Cabot, it has stated does not have documents but might be able to get them within 40 days.
    See my post on this other thread where you mentioned it: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...504#post499504

The original creditor is CitiFinancial.

My ultimate defence is SB. My last payment was October 2008.
    No correspondence with Cabot.
    Dates are a bit tight, the cause of action is not the date of last payment but when the creditor would have been able to take action to recover the balance, which doesn't happen until you first missed a payment, normally a month after your last payment if you were making monthly payments. :confused2:

Comment

The date on the claim was 25 /11/14, I acknowledged it by MCOL on the 27/11/14.
      My CAA to Cabot was on the 27.11.14m the CRP to Wright Hassell on the 28/11/14

I have received a reply from Wright Hassell today - no mention of the CPR request 11/12//14. I have emailed a futhet CPR request, telling them that failure to reply would be lodged with the court.

I received a "we have asked the CititiFinancial for infomation from Cabot" ; 40 days is the suggested time frame, on the CCA request.

What next?

Comment

After filing a standard defence based on non- compliance with both CRP request to Wright Hassell & CCA request to Cabot, I have today received a notice from the court telling me that Cabot / Wright Hassell have 28 days to respond to defence or the claim will be stayed indefinately. Only an order by a judge will reopen it.
        Is this normal?
        Neither Cabot or Wright Hassell have been able to produce documents!

Any advice?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X