• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CASE DISMISSED** Court Claim - Lowell / Welcome Finance - 26-11-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Welcome Finance - 26-11-2014

As suggested i would go along with that the agreement supplied cannot possibly be the one you signed due to the catastrpohic errors in it and respectfuly request the agreement be withdrawn as evidence

Br prepared to point ouyt those errors to he judge

Just because you say it is unenforceable etc, you will have to tell him why in your own opinion the agreement cannot be enforced

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
      I do wish you all the luck and good fortune in the world .

I do not know how you can go about questioning evidence , maybe someone here can tell you

So far, and god knows how, I have never been taken to court for my debts
      I have questioned evidence as a claimant and the judge believed me. :grin: You simply point out their mistakes but you need to be prepared to put forward a good argument, if you say that can't be a copy of your agreement you need to explain why you think that is, i.e. the discrepancies. You need to be assertive and look confident to appear as a credible witness. Shifty eyes and hesitation don't help your case.

Comment

A "skeleton" argument is very helpful for remembering all the points you wish to put before the judge.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by DEBTDEFENDER View Post
          hi bernie,

court is tomorrow morning
          I wish you all the very best of luck, ray: ray: ray:

If you are representing yourself you may find this useful: http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/media/2...online_use.pdf :thumb:

We'll be looking forward to your update. opcorn:

Comment

ok so i have the DN that was issued in 2009. It has 14days to remedy etc but no exact date.

can this be used in conjunction with the fact that the agreement which cannot be mine due to all the errors in it?

Comment

bump

Comment

Do you have the default notice??

I would go that the agreement is so tainted and full of errors it simply cannot be the one you signed

You need to ask the court to dismiss the claim under S.140(a) CCA 1974 as an unfair relationship in that the APR is prejudiced on not only the amount borrowed, but to pay back as well

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...9/section/140A

Comment

hi judgemental, yes i have it

Comment

Why did you not say before

Is is the actual notice from welcome under 87(1) CCA 1974?

If it has days to rectify the default instead of a numerical date then that is a duff notice contrary to the default and termination regulations

Comment

Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

Default Notices

Section 87(1) of the 1974 Act allows the creditor to send you a default notice giving you fourteen days from the date you receive it to pay the arrears. The default notice must contain all of the necessary information under the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 ('the 1983 Regulations'), which includes
                      1. a statement saying the notice is a default notice served under section 87(1) of the 1974 Act
                      2. a description of the agreement
                      3. the name and address of both the debtor and the creditor
                      4. details of the breach (i.e. late payment) and, if the breach can be remedied, the date by which it must be remedied or, if the breach is not capable of remedy, the amount required to be paid after the expiry of the specified date;
                      5. a statement saying: if the action required by this notice is taken before the date shown no further enforcement action will be taken in respect of that breach

- - - Updated - - -

If it had 14 days to rectify instead of a numerical date then it is game over as they cannot enforce the agreement. The finance agreement has been terminated on a duff default notice so technically the agreement is still live

Comment

Can we see a redacted copy of the DN please?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Can we see a redacted copy of the DN please?

nem
                          Agreed

Comment

Claimed dismissed. Tears of joy (literally)

Comment

Fantastic

That is such good news, really pleased for you

Comment

Originally posted by DEBTDEFENDER View Post
                                Claimed dismissed. Tears of joy (literally)
                                Hi DD,

Excellent result!!
                                Any comments from the judge??

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X