• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Ltd / HBOS - 06-11-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global Ltd / HBOS - 06-11-2014

Court Claim - Arrow Global Ltd / HBOS - 06-11-2014
    Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 06-11-2014
    Amount approx: 3184.00
    Claimant: Arrow Global Ltd
    Solicitor: Drydensfairfax
    Original Credit: HBOS

Particulars of Claim:

1. The claim is for the sum of £2999 and is in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held with HBOS under account number <removed> upon which the defendant failed to maintain payments

2. A default notice was served upon which the defendant and not been compiled with

3. By virtue of a sale agreement between HBOS ans the claimant, the claim vested in the claimant who has a genuine commercial interest. The defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter.

Contact drydensfairfax solicitors on

Signed drydens ltd t/a drysdensfairfax

Stat Barred? Not sure what this is means

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim via website, Sent a CPR 31.14 and CCA request

Other Info

I have never banked or used any financial services with HBOS. I did have a credit card with Bank of Scotland but stopped it around 2010.
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global Ltd / HBOS - 06-11-2014

BoS is the BOS in HBOS so that's probably what it is.

When did you last pay anything or acknowledge any debt in writing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
      BoS is the BOS in HBOS so that's probably what it is.

When did you last pay anything or acknowledge any debt in writing?
      Its been a long time I would say early 2010 and I dont recall acknowledge the debt in writing at all.

I was going thru major financial difficulties around that time, and stopped making payments on my credit card to reduce my outgoings and had young kids so priority was to pay the mortgage, electricity and gas bills and ensure food on table.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
        Stat Barred? Not sure what this is means
        It means it cannot be recovered through the courts as per the Limitation Act 1980.

In England and Wales, you'd need a period of 6 years without any payments or written acknowledgment for a debt of this nature to be statute barred.

I have never banked or used any financial services with HBOS. I did have a credit card with Bank of Scotland but stopped it around 2010.
        HBOS = Halifax Bank of Scotland, the two merged in 2001. :nerd:

Its been a long time I would say early 2010 and I dont recall acknowledge the debt in writing at all.
        If you made payments in 2010 it's not yet statute barred.

I was going thru major financial difficulties around that time, and stopped making payments on my credit card to reduce my outgoings and had young kids so priority was to pay the mortgage, electricity and gas bills and ensure food on table.
        So did I, my cards were also last paid in Jan 2010 and not yet statute barred.

When did you take out the card?

Comment

From your other thread:

just to clarify

I need to do the following

1: ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM - you can do this online usually at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
          You'll need your claim reference and password from the front of the claim form

2: Send A CCA REQUEST to the CLAIMANT ( see here )
          This applies to all credit cards / loans / hire purchase / store cards type debt. It doesn't apply to Mobile Phones / Utilities or Overdrafts.

3: Send a CPR request to the CLAIMANT'S SOLICITORS ( see here )

This applies to everything unless they happen to have supplied you with a bunch of paperwork to back up their claim (v. unlikely)

And once I get response on the documents I requested, I can then defend my claim
          You may not get a response before the deadline for your defence.
          For the CCA request, they have 14 days but hardly anyone responds within that timeframe. There is no need to remind them, non compliance can be used in your defence.

For the CPR request, they should respond in 7 days. No one does. Once the time's up you need to contact Drydens and ask them to agree to an extension of 28 days to file your defence as allowed by CPR15.5. Unless they send you the documents before that. :flypig::flypig::flypig:

once I acknowledge reciept of the country court letter and want to defend how long do I have to put my defence in.

The CC letter is dated 6th November but I got it 11th Nov .. I would appreciate the timeframes I have to work to
          It's 33 days from date on claim.

The calculator available here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/date...&am=&aw=&ad=33 makes it the 9th of December. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            When did you take out the card?
            I would say around 2002 I took the card out and was paying regular payments until around 2010.

Comment

I would say around 2002 I took the card out and was paying regular payments until around 2010.
              That's good news. :clap2: :clap2:

It's easier to defend claims for credit products taken out before April 2007 due to a change in the law with effect from that time.

They will have to show you signed a properly executed agreement with all the prescribed terms when you took out the card. :thumb:

Comment

what do I put down as my defense for this claim. Obviously waiting on the response to the 2 requests for information I asked me

Do I add all info for the court claim online ?

Comment

You can't write your defence until you can see what they supply in response to your requests, but you need to watch the dates for your deadline. In the meantime your best option is to read up lots of other threads to see how they work out and which ones are similar to your own.

Comment

got a response from drysdenfairfax solicitors - stating my defence is extended by 28 days so what do I do now, do I let the court know about this extension I have. Can I do this online, send an email or call them. I have attached document.
                    Attached Files

Comment

any advise .. next course of action

Comment

In that case you must notify the court providing a copy of that letter and you can do that by email. That adds 28 days to your previous 33 from the date of issue, to give you the new deadline for filing the defence. There won't be another extension, so you know that you will have to submit a defence by the new date, even if that defence is largely saying that they haven't complied so you can't really draft a full defence.

I love the snotty comment about ignoring their 3 letters :blabla:

Comment

got a reply from Arrow Global (see attached document) - they have returned the 1 pound I sent for the request of CCA

Does this mean they are stopping the claim ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

No they aren't stopping, they are just making a bid to get the documents they should have held before starting legal action. All of this is good for your defence, whether they do come up with anything or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                              No they aren't stopping, they are just making a bid to get the documents they should have held before starting legal action. All of this is good for your defence, whether they do come up with anything or not.
                              thanks for info.. so why return the 1 pound I sent .. I guess this is all good for my defence, as in they do not have the necessary documents at hand and are now trying to get copies of it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X