• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beneficiaries to Deceased Estate get Nothing???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beneficiaries to Deceased Estate get Nothing???

I yesterday contacted the Probate Office and informed them what was going on with the Crooked Administrator,I think this may be the way to go evidently an application can be made free
    1. Where there is a dispute between persons equally entitled about who takes the grant.
    2. Where someone objects to another person takin the Grant.
    3. Where someone with an interest in an Estate seeks an Order requiring the executor or Administrator to give account of his Administration of the Estate.

Number 3 looks to be the one we have requested over 30 times for statements of the Estate with varying answers including one from the Solicitor who says we are entitled to nothing as we gave it all away which is Total Non-sense. Does anyone know what may happen if we go before the Probate Court and the Administrator cannot supply Accounts??? I believe once proved he could be liable to Prosecution.

Comment

As a beneficiary your considered an interested person & should be given a copy of the accounts. The executor/administrator controls everything UNLESS the CoP decides, on your evidence, to dismiss him. I suggest you must try & prove that he is not acting in the best interests of the estate which IS a legal requirement

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
        As a beneficiary your considered an interested person & should be given a copy of the accounts. The executor/administrator controls everything UNLESS the CoP decides, on your evidence, to dismiss him. I suggest you must try & prove that he is not acting in the best interests of the estate which IS a legal requirement
        Hi Thanks for the comment, We are obviously aware that as Beneficiaries we are interested parties, we are obviously aware that we have a right to accounts but the Administrator will not supply them even though he has been asked many many times as it says above. It would seem after speaking to a Probate Solicitor today that even if Ordered by the Probate Court to supply Accounts the Administrator can ignore the Order with impunity, There are NO PENALTIES.

Again this would push us towards what we are trying to avoid and thats being drawn into litigation we cannot afford. The Crooked Admins Solicitor is obviously aware of this. I think its still worth a gamble as all it would cost is a trip to Holborn, the Application is Free, Should the Administrator refuse to supply accounts even when Ordered by a Court must be in our favour what ever the next step we take is. I'm pretty sure that the Admins Solicitor will not make the trip or appearance free, Costs can be claimed against us if we are wrong but bearing in mind it has been 9 years since the Death Id hate to think there was a chance of losing.
        I read many times on the internet that Administrators and Executors can be held libel for mistakes Administrating Estates of the Deceased the reality it would seem is that they can just steal the money and do as they please and unless the losers have the money to take them to task nothing can be done as its a Civil Matter. What a lovely Justice system we have in this Country.

Comment

I read many times on the internet that Administrators and Executors can be held libel for mistakes Administrating Estates of the Deceased the reality it would seem is that they can just steal the money and do as they please and unless the losers have the money to take them to task nothing can be done as its a Civil Matter. What a lovely Justice system we have in this Country.
          Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more, Barnsydog

You might find this link useful. I notice they offer a free initial assessment of your case also, which might well be worthwhile for a second expert opinion.

http://www.contesting-wills.co.uk/ne...d-removal.html

You need (if you haven't already) to get all your ducks in a neat row - ie evidence against the solicitor and against your stepbrother, documented clearly and factually, on a timeline.

I wish you luck :tinysmile_kiss_t4x

Comment

Originally posted by missfm View Post
            sadly, i couldn't agree with you more, barnsydog

you might find this link useful. I notice they offer a free initial assessment of your case also, which might well be worthwhile for a second expert opinion.

http://www.contesting-wills.co.uk/ne...d-removal.html

you need (if you haven't already) to get all your ducks in a neat row - ie evidence against the solicitor and against your stepbrother, documented clearly and factually, on a timeline.

I wish you luck :tinysmile_kiss_t4x

many thanks

Comment

Many Thanks:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Civil Claim after Criminal conviction

Hello can anyone help, I have been involved in court proceedings with my stepson for 7 years, He is the administrator to a deceased estate, there is a property that I am joint owner of, He will not allow me to sell it, I pay the Mortgage I pay the council tax I do not live in the property but I maintain it at my expense. Things have got heated and I was charged and convicted of harassment, I was fined had to pay victim compensation and given a suspended prison sentence. I was told not to contact him again, How do I sell the property if I cannot contact him? His Solicitor ignores my requests. I contacted him and now his solicitor says he is taking civil action against me for the contact using the criminal case as evidence. He says he wants £25,000 compensation. Can he do this? I am at my wits end and do not have any money for solicitors. I believe his solicitor deliberately ignores my requests to force me to contact my stepson.....Needless to say relations have broken down irretrievably

Comment

oooooooooooooooo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X