• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA requisition form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA requisition form

Hi all,

I have just received a requisition form the DVLA stating that I had failed to inform them of the change of ownership in July 2013.
    In fact I had filled the V5 form out, with the buyer, gave them their little form and sent it first class delivery.

I had a letter back saying that they had an application for someone else to be the registered keeper.
    They then said if I did not respond within 24 days then they will issue a new V5 to the person who has recorded to be the new registered keeper.

I did nothing as that was what they letter had stated! It wasn't a very clear letter mentioning that I should respond to them to tell them that this person was the new owner of the car.

Then I received another letter in October saying that there was a new owner and that I had to fill a form in when they were requesting information. I had it filled in, then my bf posted it in the letter box. In my requisition DVLA state that I I had failed to provide information. The only thing that I have is an A4 piece of paper that I had the buyer sign on the day of purchase saying that they were buying the car on 01/07/2013.
    Very simply,

'I, hereby Michelle ________ sell a Peugeot 206 Reg: _______

sold as seen to ___________

On 1st July 2013

Seller signature (as written)

Buyer signature (as written)'

The date they cite on my requisition is actually weeks after I had written this A4 declaration. I must have sent the form on 14th July at least. Definately before 31/07/2013.

What are my next steps? Yes, it took my 2 weeks after I sold it to send it off but my father had died and my mother had given me his car, hence me selling my own car. It was still sent before the date that they cite on my requisition.
    Tags: None

Re: DVLA requisition form

This is extremely common, the DVLA are useless. Write to them stating all the facts you have along with a copy of any documents you have. Inform them that it is their mistake and you accept no liability for their ineptitude and wish to hear no more on the matter.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Unfortunately, the only copy I have is the A4 paper that the buyer had signed.

Comment

Thanks for the vehicle info by PM, I can confirm to you that

The vehicle is taxed up until end of July 2014, was it sold with 12 months tax on it? If not then someone has taxed it since you sold it and therefore they have a record of the registered keeper when taxed.

I dont suppose you have the number from the V5 (logbook) too, if so PM me it.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Tools. Yes I think the new owners must have sent in a request as it stated in a follow up letter that if I didn't forward them information then they would put the car in the new owners name. It wasn't sold with 12 months tax on it, no.

Comment

Well then I would definitely put in writing the facts, also stating that the vehicle has been taxed by someone else since you sold the vehicle and therefore they must know the details of that keeper. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thanks Tools.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X