• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please - court claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advice please - court claim received

Great advice from M1. Sounds like a fair and sensible compromise.

Where possible, save for confidentiality, please keep drafts displayed on thread once you're happy with them.
    We had a recent thread where lots of drafts and advice got shared by PM and after the assisting poster was unavailable, it became tricky to difficult to help because information was missing.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      Without knowing your detailed personal circumstances, it is impossible to help you regarding the way forward now. If you could expand on these, then we can help you further. I would still suggest strongly that you pm me with an email address so we can sort out a decent Income and Expenditure with you. However, as this would have to be done via private message / email, I'd prefer it if one of the Site Team could confirm on this thread that it is all right for you to deal with me in this way just over the I&E. More general details of your finances can be posted in public then, without you having to bear your soul to the whole world.
      Absolutely fine with me so long as the thread is kept updated with relevant progress xxx An I&E could be highly useful to assist in tackling overall indebtedness aside from this current issue.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

May be little point now, but if the OP wants to make contact, that is fine.

Thanks for posting Cel - didn't want to do anything by pm following recent events without prior approval. Things have moved on since this morning though, and it appears the OP may have found a solution with which they're happy.

Comment

Hi Labman, send me what you have in the meantime as this may not still come to fruition.

You have my email from PM

Celestine - I will post what I have sent on Thursday once the deadline has past, im a little concerned that the claimants/solicitors can view here and deduct who I am and 2nd guess what is happening but basically I have send what M1 has suggested above. Is that ok or do you think that its ok to post regardless?

Comment

Hi Flinco,

I'll wait thank you. If you feel this isn't going to work, then by all means feel free to come to me. What I could offer would not be something you would be wanting to run alongside this.

Comment

Claimant has agreed to new defence date and filing a consent order but not the costs of the application.

Decision needs to be made. Accept it and write off the £80 cost of the application or stand by the principle that they didn't comply with the rules and should pay which may incur more costs if you lose.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...756#post307756

I'd go with b and stick to my guns that they should pay butsometimes accepting a is the right thing to do as it limits your costs and keeps you out of the court room for now.

Choice is yours.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                Claimant has agreed to new defence date and filing a consent order but not the costs of the application.

Decision needs to be made. Accept it and write off the £80 cost of the application or stand by the principle that they didn't comply with the rules and should pay which may incur more costs if you lose.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...756#post307756

I'd go with b and stick to my guns that they should pay butsometimes accepting a is the right thing to do as it limits your costs and keeps you out of the court room for now.

Choice is yours.

M1
                Thanks for the link, hadn't noticed that thread before.

It's a tricky one as I cannot really afford much further cost but also don't want to appear to have weakened in my stance (if that is the case)

Who has to pay for the consent order in this case? me or the claimant as it wasn't clear to me from the draft order

As much as I would like to follow through as I believe my application IS successful (now they have fulfilled my request) I think the lowest risk choice would be A - to accept it, maybe with some proviso/clause that I still do not agree in their assessment that my application has not been successful? (if that would do any good anyway!)

Comment

As i read it they were submitting it so they pay.

M1

Comment

Ok, so if I go ahead and agree - I have until the stated date (28 days) to submit an amended defence right or withdraw completely right?

Since most of my defence/skeleton argument is already based around the non-service of the notice of assignment should I then, in the meantime, seek their proof of delivery of said notice as laid out in Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925?

Comment

Yes and yes.

Cpr 18 request for the info.

M1

Comment

As far as Part 18 request - Will this single request suffice or is there anything else you can think of?

1. In relation to the Notice of Assignment provided by the claimant, I request proof of service of the said Notice pursuant to S196 Law of Property Act 1925.

Also, how long should I give for the proof? 14 days, or until the date of the hearing?

Comment

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-Viewing)-nbsp

I would ask something along the lines of

When was the notice of assignment posted ?

How was the notice of assignment posted ?

What was the tracking number of the letter containing the notice of assignment ?

When was the notice of assignment received by the defendant ?

Same for the default notice.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            When was the notice of assignment received by the defendant ?
                            does this last question not insinuate that I admit receiving it but want to know the date? Isn't the questioning more along "Who received it" rather than "When did I receive it"?

Also, I thought only the NoA has to be registered/hand delivered though reading that section 196? Not the default and termination notices, or do you believe they also should?

Comment

My thinking is that you deny having received it iirc so they can't really answer with a date but can admit they don't know which let's you and the court know it either wasn't registered or they can't prove it was.

If you were admitting getting it you wouldn't need to ask when you got it

M1

Comment

ok thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X