• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Alpins...CCJ..2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpins...CCJ..2007.

Dear All,
    I would like some advice on how to approach Alpins....as my circumstances have changed..and i now wish to settle my debt and close the CCJ..against me...Alpins took me to court in Northampton in 2007 and after various form filling about my circumstances at the time..the settlement was that i owed £1,500. plus £245 costs...i was ordered to pay £5.00 per month...i suspect Alpins were not happy and through the years have been rather aggressive to up the payments with various tactics that i have fallen behind or been too late with my £5...Last year they applied to Stockport county court and Stockport county court slapped another £200 on my debt..but did not in crease my payments or send me any forms to fill in..they set an original date for proceedings which i was going to attend..they then cancelled the hearing at the last minute and moved the date which i could not attend.And simply added more debt...

i have kept a record of every cheque i ever sent and have not missed one payment...according to my records i owe £1395.00...if i write to them and ask for a settlement do you think they would accept that and close the account.

You might think i am a bit daft but the more they hounded me the more i closed down and thought sod them and kept paying the £5...I also thought the Stockport court order was a con and did once think that i would write to the court and tell them so..but would i have been deeper in the mire..???.

Also Alpins moved my account to Direct legal and Collections ltd...they also hounded me and after reading some advice on this site and writing to them they have gone quiet..

Any advice would be appreciated...

Tsingtao....
    Tags: None

Re: Alpins...CCJ..2007.

Alpins are simply a creditor for the purposes of what you are seeking to do. The fact they have a contentious CCJ against you is totally irrelevant.

You are entitled to a settlement figure as per any debt, or alternatively, and this might be a more appealing route for you, you could negotiate a Full and Final settlement with them. Be very careful with any Full and Final settlement that it is as waterproof as is possible, especially if you are pre-warned that the people with whom you are negotiating are slippery as eels.

Obviously one of the conditions would be the marking of the CCJ as satisfied in full.

I cannot stress enough the importance of getting a F&F correct though - the last thing you need is the debt resurfacing a couple of years down the line with any balance having been sold on to a DCA.

Comment

Re: Alpins...CCJ..2007.

Thank you very much for your time,and taking the time to reply to my request...your words will be much thought about, and i will post in the future of any out come...once more thank you...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X