• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Judgement - mishandled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Default Judgement - mishandled

Good luck, sorry i had not come across your thread before now. Hopefully things go your way today though.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I attended the court before the time stated.
      I then sat around for 3hrs before it came before a court clerk.
      The matter was not held before a judge - the court clerk required that i answer questions as in 'the financial questioning' i responded by stating that as i had complied previously with the court directions - i had copies of emails, and letters i had sent, and that the court had failed to consider those, she suspended the financial questionning, and relisted the application to set aside judgement to the 1st of May.

The Claimant attended the financial questioning with 2 friends who all sat in on the 'hearing'.
      The Court person also introduced a "rrd party debt order' whih she had actioned last week - i had not seen this, and the order was for the whole sum, and addressed to a bank with whom i have never had an account.
      I also noted and asked the court officer (in charhge of the questionning) where and when the 3rd party order had been sent, and she replied i don't know, i've not read the case file.
      On closer inspection, she informed me it had gone to the wrong address in the uk.

* why or how do you get a 3rd party debt order for a bank branch in uk i have never used,
      And as the financial questionning to date, has not verified any bank use i have, what was the point?
      Can the claimant bring friends into a court hearing - none were legally identified as representatives, though the behaviour and conduct in court was akin to a 'swaggering fool' laughing and smiling whilst i was asked, and replying to legal questions of the case.

I have a clear plan - assess my evidence and re submit the application to set aside judgement, on May 1st - i believe i have an arguable case, or something a ljudge would consider as 'arguable'.

I am at a loss as to balance the appalling manner in which legal protocols have been ignored by court staff, which the judge acknowledged in writing when offering further directions, last year.
      I feel less scared now, not particularly confident, but irrespective of outcome, i will not be bullied or intimidated.

*this was typed on a mobile device, so excuse the typos*

Comment

There is a presumption in favour of a judgement in default being set aside, if an application is made for this. This should work in your favour. You alos have to show that you have a defence you would have wanted to put forward had you had the chance, and that it is of sufficient merit that the court should consider it in order to be adequately fair and comply with CPR 1.1

If your ex partner continues to causse you problems, the new provisions against stalking may help you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X