• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is it too late to fight a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too late to fight a CCJ?

I subletted a room in a house in London for about three months in late 2009. Due to health issues, I was unable to pay the rent, and despite me staying in communication with the guy I subletted from with regards to working out a payment plan, he pretty quickly started a county court action.

I sent off the form wherein I stated that I agreed with the claim and would pay so much each month. A few weeks later, I receive a letter from the court saying I had received a judgement by default and had to pay three times the amount I had put in the form I sent. Turns out the court never received the form.

Eventually a warrant of execution was sent, which I am currently trying to have removed. I, however, have had grave doubts about his legal claim to the money recently, for the following reasons:

1: I did not have exclusive use of the room. Certain weekends he would come back and I would have to sleep in the sitting room.
    2: Nothing, with regards to me subletting the room was signed between myself and him.
    3: The landlord was clearly not aware of the situation, as the room had a damp problem, and whenever he came round to take a look, I was made to leave until he was done.

Therefore, when I have had the warrant removed, is it possible, despite the judgement, for me to contest it? If so, are these three things enough for me to get the judgement changed in my favour? If so, will that mean the CCJ is removed from my record?

Help would be massively appreciated with this!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X