• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N180 DQ F2 Expert Witness request - Wording

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N180 DQ F2 Expert Witness request - Wording

Hi

As the Defendant & Part 20 Claimant I wish to request permission on the N180 DQ for an Expert Witness.

The case concerns mechanical engineering (a vehicle engine and other associated parts) which is very technical and an independent expert witness report will really help to support the details within our defence. I don’t want to risk not getting permission so want to try to get the wording as good as possible! Apart from the official guidance, I can’t find any completed examples/templates of this section.

I can give the name of the EW and approx cost of the report, but any advice on how best to word the reasons in this section would be greatly appreciated please?

Thank you in advance.

Tags: None

Yes you should provide the name and qualifications of the proposed expert and the approximate cost of the report, which must not exceed £750
    Please read Practice Direction 35 and in particular 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3. Make sure that the expert is able to comply with these rules and their estimate or quote allows for compliance
    As the expert report should be independent and both parties can rely on it, writing something along the lines that the defendant believes a detailed report from..................... , estimated cost £??, will assist the Judge in reaching a decision on a case that involves complex auto engineering issues

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
      Yes you should provide the name and qualifications of the proposed expert and the approximate cost of the report, which must not exceed £750
      Please read Practice Direction 35 and in particular 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3. Make sure that the expert is able to comply with these rules and their estimate or quote allows for compliance
      As the expert report should be independent and both parties can rely on it, writing something along the lines that the defendant believes a detailed report from..................... , estimated cost £??, will assist the Judge in reaching a decision on a case that involves complex auto engineering issues
      Helpful, thank you. I found a suitable expert on the UK Register of Expert Witnesses. Should I state as much to show independence, rather than anyone think they were someone we know?

Comment

Yes, I don't see why not

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X