• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eon ccj based on incorrect billing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatmeister View Post
    HYes. What eon are saying is that I have to pay the revised amount of £570 to the bailiffs plus their costs that they will make up, under the terms of the original CCJ for £3400 owed. Surely that is not correct??
    Can you do what you said you would do in post 10?

Comment

echat11 The amount of £570.98 is correct based on their recalculated bill as far as I can see, it includes , all the standing charges, the costs of 4 x field visits (when they would have seen the unoccupied and derelict house} and some legal fees..

Comment

echat11 The amount of £570.98 is correct based on their recalculated bill as far as I can see, it includes , all the standing charges, the costs of 4 x field visits (when they would have seen the unoccupied and derelict house} and some legal fees..
        4 field visits are excessive, especially when they would have seen the unoccupied and derelict house on the first visit. I would make that point. I would check what there protocols are on that as a general rule. Send them some pictures, i.e. this is what a unoccupied and derelict house, etc. Also have you had any dates / timings for visits? A SAR would get you that information.

Comment

Yes got all that from the SAR. Much more info on the early Eon, (rather than Eon Next) visits which clearly state house appears to be unoccupied. Increased estimated billing seems to have started (unsurprisingly) after the move to Eon Next. Are you able to comment/ advise on my current position legally and wether the CCJ is still valid and wether high court bailifs still have a valid case bearing in mind thr debt is now below £600?

Comment

Yes got all that from the SAR. Much more info on the early Eon, (rather than Eon Next) visits which clearly state house appears to be unoccupied. Increased estimated billing seems to have started (unsurprisingly) after the move to Eon Next. Are you able to comment/ advise on my current position legally and wether the CCJ is still valid and wether high court bailifs still have a valid case bearing in mind thr debt is now below £600?
            Just because EON changes name to EON Next, they have the same information i.e. the house is 'unoccupied' etc. It's the same company. So the only visit charges you should be paying is 'EON' as long as you are satisfied to their 'validity'.

EON / EON NEXT, could visit 50 times to build up charges.

I think they can. 'When enforcing a County Court Judgment in England and Wales if the judgment is below £600 inclusive of costs then you MUST use the County Court's own bailiffs. If the judgment is above £600 you can have your case transferred up from the County Court where you got your Judgment to the High Court for enforcement.'

The CCJ I think you would find it difficult to get it set aside because you received the Court papers.

Because they chased you for money you didn't owe, you disputed the amount, they didn't listen, make a formal complaint, follow their complaints procedure on their website. They should callback the debt and consent to removing the CCJ. They chased you for the wrong amount.

Comment

Thanks. My point is the incorrect judgement was obviously over £600. But its now under £600 inncluding original costs, and would have been if it had been based on correct readings. So I think it should never have gone to the High Court?

Comment

Thanks. My point is the incorrect judgement was obviously over £600. But its now under £600 inncluding original costs, and would have been if it had been based on correct readings. So I think it should never have gone to the High Court?
                Maybe not High Court bailiffs, but you would have been dealing with County Court bailiffs as per post 20.

Comment

Yes. So the original high court bailiffs who turned up at the end of April chasing the £3400 and went away empty handed, are the same ones who turned up this week to collect the £570. What Im asking is because its now under £600 and so I believe shouldn't be with the High Court,, do they still have any legal jurisdiction?

Comment

If you hadn't received the Court Claim i.e. it went to the wrong address, then you could of set a side the Judgement. They made a claim, you could of disputed it during the Court Hearing where a Judgement was made. You need to challenge EON for 'harassing you for the wrong amount. Have you lodged a formal complaint on that with Eon?

Comment

Hi everyone and echat11 Some positive news here now, have successfully got a stay of execution for the High Court Writ, thus stopping the bailiffs, and successfully filed an application for a set aside hearing which is later this month, so hopefully can get everything sorted then. Your advice to get a SAR provided vital evidence for this so thank you. Havn't yet lodged a formal complaint with EON, but I will be doing so.
                      Last edited by moatmeister; 6th August 2024, 08:12:AM.

Comment

Hi everyone and echat11 Some positive news here now, have successfully got a stay of execution for the High Court Writ, thus stopping the bailiffs, and successfully filed an application for a set aside hearing which is later this month, so hopefully can get everything sorted then. Your advise to get a SAR provided vital evidence for this so thank you. Havn't yet lodged a formal complaint with EON, but I will be doing so.
                        Well done so far, prepare / build your case for the Hearing.

You could write a Skeleton Argument, send it to the Court and other party, 3 working days before the
                        Hearing, that should help you explain things on the day. 2 A4 pages max, attach documents / evidence, number pages, number points etc.

https://hallellis.co.uk/write-skeleton-argument/

Update after Hearing.

Comment

echat11 Thats all done and been sent with the application. Thats where the SAR came in handy! Just wasnt sure if I have to "serve " it to the claimant or whether the court does that as part of their process?

Comment

echat11 Thats all done and been sent with the application. Thats where the SAR came in handy! Just wasnt sure if I have to "serve " it to the claimant or whether the court does that as part of their process?
                            I'm fairly sure the Court does it as a fee has been paid, but there's no harm in you sending it to the Claimant.
                            They can't complain about not receiving it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X