• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence rejected now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence rejected now what?

Good afternoon

I am hoping somebody can advise.
    I am the defendant in a case about an over payment from my ex employer,. Government job. My defence was for the following reasons.

Change of position.
    I had every reason to believe the money was mine as I was so k and provided the company with everything they asked. Also they were paying me more than what they should have been in my actual wages. I had no idea. I now have no money to pay it back anyway as I spent it in good faith.

This happened in 2017-2018. They made contact with me on and off about it from 2019 and would take a year between emails. They want to now charge interest on the overpayment. I have contested this too because I said take it too court and they took years to do so, with no reason, but now want interest for the time they say money has been owed.

Our wage system went from paper to electronic whilst I was off sick this leading me to get no wage slips and I had no way if checking wages in that time

I had a serious mental breakdown caused by bullying harassment and a sexual assault by a colleague at work.
    I was paid compensation for this.

What happens now? What do I do?

TIA

Tags: None

A previous thread about this, for info:

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...usiness-centre

Comment

Are you saying that you lost the case in court?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

No atticus I submitted my defence and the claimants solicitor copied me into an email saying they do not accept it and for proceedings to continue.

Comment

In which case the court case will continue. What is the present stage? Have you completed any court questionnaires?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

No not yet. I only found out today. I am thinking of getting a solicitor I think I'm entitled to legal aid.

I sent my defence to the court now it's been rejected I want it back if I get a solicitor I want to show them

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodders View Post
              I sent my defence to the court now it's been rejected I want it back if I get a solicitor I want to show them
              Just to be clear here, your defence has not been rejected by the court, by a judge. It's just the other party saying they don't agree with your defence. Well, they would say that, wouldn't they.

Whether the other side (via their solicitors) agree with it or not doesn't matter. Of course they aren't going to agree with you. It's what the judge thinks at the hearing that matters.

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thank you.

I thought I had to send the defence and they had to say if they agreed with it or not and that it was possible they might drop it from their end.

The way you have out it is helpful because I suppose nothing has changed

​​

Comment

Can I suggest that you read the handbook for litigants in person. Link in my signature block.

Comment

Thank you I have down loaded it and will read tonight

Comment

You may need several nights!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X