• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What to do now? Company still wants payment after I submitted defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do now? Company still wants payment after I submitted defense

I've got a CCJ from a company, I submitted a defense and after receiving the companies letter after my defense I can see how the debt occured. The companies solicitor had also stated that if I wish to discuss repayment options then I can contact them direct, so after reading the "Small Claims Track" directions questionnaire which was attached to the letter, I noted a part about mediation where they can seek settlement by direct discussion with the other party or mediation.

I emailed the solicitor direct with a settlement offer, but is there anything I need to do in regards to the court? I've got no other forms apart from courts expenditure form as I sent the two other sheets off with my initial defense. Naturally I don't want the court to think I'm ignoring them if I have to contact them as well.
    Tags: None

Have you had judgement entered against, or is the "CCJ" that you have received in fact a Claim Form?

I hope that what you filed is a defence.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I filled out the "acknowledgement of service" and then filled out the defense.

Comment

Regardless of sending an offer of settlement you still need to comply with the court rules and steps until any settlement has been accepted and agreed. So you need to submit the directions questionnaire and you should select the option for mediation.

Just a small point for future reference, you should try and use the correct terminology for legal proceedings when you are asking for help. A CCJ is a county court judgment which means a court has given judgment in favour of the claimant and that's the end of the matter unless you make an appeal or ask the court to set that decision aside. What you have actually received is the claim form which is the start of proceedings outlining the claim against you.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

The only forms I had were,

Admission
          Defense &counter claim
          Response pack/Acknowledgement of service.

When the company replied to my defense, they also sent a copy of the directions questionnaire which they filled out. Under the Settlement/Mediation section, they have selected "Yes" to referral to the Small Claims Mediation Service.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X