• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Taking Me To Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Taking Me To Court

Hi there.

I’m looking for some help on the best way to proceed. I have received ‘ The Simple Procedure Notice of Claim’ from Lowell Portfolio. They want repayment of £3000 of credit card debt (£1000 of which is interest rates) and court fees. The card went into default in March 2019. Lowell took over the debt in 2020 which of course was during covid and I was on furlough. I didn’t respond to any letters but did go to a debt consolidation company but afford the total amount as they included absolutely everything classes as debt or finance.

I am unsure how to proceed and whether I need to get a representative. I don’t have this sum of money and I only work part time having recently returned to work from maternity leave.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Thank you
    Tags: None

echat11

Comment

Hi ALBA88

Welcome to LB

I take it that you are in Scotland. I'm not 100% on Scots Court stuff, but lets see how we can help.

Answer the following, copy paste back onto this thread, leave out personal details.

When was the account opened?
      Received a claim? Yes/No:
      Issue Date:
      Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
      Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000)
      Claimant’s Name:
      Solicitors Firm:
      Original Creditor:
      Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
      Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
      Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
      List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
      Any Other Information or Background Details:

I take it that you have received an information pack.

Comment

Hi there. Yes I am in Scotland. And I will do, thank you.

When was the account opened? 2016 (default 2019)
        Received a claim? Yes/No: Yes
        Issue Date: 27th June 2023
        Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
        Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000) £3000 (and expenses)
        Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio
        Solicitors Firm: ShooSmiths
        Original Creditor: Capital One
        Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit Card
        Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ): I failed to make contact at any point, but tried a debt consolidation firm in 2020. I did not enter any agreements or repayment schemes.
        Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): NO
        List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): none
        Any Other Information or Background Details:

Comment

And I’ve received a bunch of different forms that need filled in and giving me the option to either pay now, dispute or ask for time to pay. I have 2 weeks to have this handed over to the court and Lowell.

Comment

Pre-Action Letters = pre action letters

Comment

Originally posted by Alba88 View Post
              And I’ve received a bunch of different forms that need filled in and giving me the option to either pay now, dispute or ask for time to pay. I have 2 weeks to have this handed over to the court and Lowell.
              a) If you Acknowledge of Service, you get more time to dispute, have a read of the following:-

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking...-disputed-case

b) What you could do is fill in a Income and Expenditure form, take account of the cost of living, utility, food, etc. If you can only pay £1 a month, so be it. That can be sent to the Court and Lowell's, if they agree then you can arrange a payment plan.
              When you make an arrangement, see if you can negotiate the amount down, remove charges and interest. You can send a letter with the I & E form.

Think about what you want to do, but try not to worry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X