• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form for a parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form for a parking charge

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 19 May 2023
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: 07/06/2023
    Total Amount Claimed : £310
    Claimant’s Name: UK Parking control limited
    Solicitors Firm: DCB Legal Ltd
    Original Creditor:
    Original Debt: Parking Charge
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ): 1. The Defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle xxxxxx at xxxxxx. 2. The PCN details are xx/10/2019 . 3. The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs ( the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s). 4 The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite request, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The contract entitles C to damages. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. £XXX being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. 2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgement or sooner payment. 3. Costs and court fees.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): None
    Any Other Information or Background Details:

HI, I have been reading the forum on what to do when you receive a claim form for parking ticket. However I am completely dumb founded as honestly i do not understand who do i send cca and cpr letters to.

Would I be better of just paying it off now as to avoid ccj as I left it way too late and potentially now too late for submission on my defence as well.

I potentially was in the car park where the alleged offence happened at the time, but can not remember for sure, and if the car was there, I can not remember if I went to the store where uk parking control are claiming to have rights to manage the car park or instead went to a different store indeed. The only thing I could say is for definite is that I remember receiving 1 or 2 letters at the time but buried my head in the sand instead. I've been trying to find some paperwork in the meantime to see if indeed this relates to the same PCN. I am unsure whether the car was parked and dr

I am wondering now do I still send the CCA and CPR letters and if so to who, UK Parking limited or DCB Legal? as I ignored the letters received from them do I ask for information as registered keeper of the car or just simply put my name? and once letters sent then submit my defence or instead of letters and defence do I just pay up.

Help would be much appreciated,
    Thank You
    Tags: None

tag charitynjw
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

CCA not applicable.

Comment

A defence was due to be filed by latest 21st June.
        Have you done so?
        Have you checked MCOL for the current status of the claim?
        This is all very 'last-minute-dot-com'.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, yes, I have sent it off on 21st but on MCOL its showing as defence filed on 22nd. Received a letter from court that they are sending a copy of defence to the claimant. Just checked MCOL there's no other updates. I requested SAR from UK Parking control limited and they provided me with photos of the car entering the car park on 05/10/2019. And also two letters from UKPC dated 17/10/2019 and another dated 18/11/2019. However, how would i go about requesting UKPC contract with the shops and would that make any difference at all. I went back there and the shops that used to be there are gone now, I was thinking maybe speaking to the people who are leasing the units to the retailers as they might be able to either confirm or deny the contract with ukpc.

Although its too late now, but I here's a link to my defence. https://pdf.ac/1ODHJp
          Last edited by misty32; 30th June 2023, 15:41:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by misty32 View Post
            Hi, yes, I have sent it off on 21st but on MCOL its showing as defence filed on 22nd. Received a letter from court that they are sending a copy of defence to the claimant. Just checked MCOL there's no other updates. I requested SAR from UK Parking control limited and they provided me with photos of the car entering the car park on 05/10/2019. And also two letters from UKPC dated 17/10/2019 and another dated 18/11/2019. However, how would i go about requesting UKPC contract with the shops and would that make any difference at all. I went back there and the shops that used to be there are gone now, I was thinking maybe speaking to the people who are leasing the units to the retailers as they might be able to either confirm or deny the contract with ukpc.

Although its too late now, but I here's a link to my defence. https://pdf.ac/1ODHJp
            Just write to DCBL & ask for disclosure & inspection.
            Get proof of sending.
            However, I'd lay bets that they will refuse.
            The favourite reason/excuse seems to be 'commercial confidentiality.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have written to DCBL and asked for disclosure and inspection, so just wait and see if they reply. I keep checking MCOL daily to see if there are any updates, but nothing so far.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X