• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Overdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Echat11

I have received a response from Lowell reference my complaint. Attached is their letter.

Are they completely void of any understanding of my complaint or are they stalling or fobbing me off?

Should I contact Lowell again or go straight to the FCA?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffolo View Post
      Hi Echat11

I have received a response from Lowell reference my complaint. Attached is their letter.

Are they completely void of any understanding of my complaint or are they stalling or fobbing me off?

Should I contact Lowell again or go straight to the FCA?
      Lowell's difficulty is that proceedings have started. The FCA will log your complaint, but don't act on individual cases. Both Lowell's and Overdale's has been made aware.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Lowell's difficulty is that proceedings have started. The FCA will log your complaint, but don't act on individual cases. Both Lowell's and Overdale's has been made aware.
        Hi Echat11

So the FOS will just shuffle the paperwork as a complaint and that be it with them

I guess it will be down to the court to decide if the debt is statue barred as Lowell & Overdales are insisting it's not?

Comment

Hi Echat11

So the FOS will just shuffle the paperwork as a complaint and that be it with them

I guess it will be down to the court to decide if the debt is statue barred as Lowell & Overdales are insisting it's not?

a) So the FOS will just shuffle the paperwork as a complaint and that be it with them

Yes the FCA log complaints, they simply don't look at individual cases.

b) I guess it will be down to the court to decide if the debt is statue barred as Lowell & Overdales are insisting it's not?

Exactly that, it will be in your Witness Statement when you do it.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ess-statement/

Comment

Update

I have mediation set for Thursday morning - is there any advice that can be given?

I'm going to stick by my guns that the Hitachi debt is statute barred, I'll request that this be dropped or I will go to court?
            The two Capital one debts I accept and negotiate a repayment reduction?
            The Eon debt I accept, again negotiate a repayment reduction?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Comment

Update

I have mediation set for Thursday morning - is there any advice that can be given?

I'm going to stick by my guns that the Hitachi debt is statute barred, I'll request that this be dropped or I will go to court?
              The two Capital one debts I accept and negotiate a repayment reduction?
              The Eon debt I accept, again negotiate a repayment reduction?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
              You've got a plan as to what you want to achieve. Maybe consider other strategies, like discounted offers etc. Remember they bought the accounts for pennies etc.

Watch the video of what to expect - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKesfMqSOfQ

Make notes to help you along the Mediation. A glass of water too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X