• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form Thames water utilities limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They contacted me via letters and telephone calls multiple times, not sure how many exactly but not less than 15 times and each time i responded saying I do not owe the debt and asked them to remove my number and details and to not contact me again

Comment

Originally posted by alizzzz View Post
      They contacted me via letters and telephone calls multiple times, not sure how many exactly but not less than 15 times and each time i responded saying I do not owe the debt and asked them to remove my number and details and to not contact me again
      Can you gather evidence of this? That would be good. Send Thames Water a Subject Access Request, if you haven't.Template on the Right Hand side. They have 30 days to respond. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Your Counterclaim should include harassment, you told them that you didn't owe the debt many times (you have evidence), they continued to chase the debt over e.g. 12 months (time) regardless, this has caused you serve distress.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Can you gather evidence of this? That would be good. Send Thames Water a Subject Access Request, if you haven't.Template on the Right Hand side. They have 30 days to respond. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Your Counterclaim should include harassment, you told them that you didn't owe the debt many times (you have evidence), they continued to chase the debt over e.g. 12 months (time) regardless, this has caused you serve distress.
        Dear ECHAT11,

Thank you for all your help and I wanted to know that I am grateful.
        So this is their response

Private & confidential
        my name
        address
        postcode

Date
        Dear miss xxxx
        Thames water utilities limited - v- Miss xxxxx
        Claim number: xxxxxxx
        Our Ref: xxxxxx
        we write with regards to the above matter and acknowledge receipt of your Defence.
        It is noted that you are seeking to dispute the charges on the basis that you were not in residence at the billing address throughout the billing period as outlined on the claim form.
        Should you have any evidence to support your position such as a tenancy agreement, council tax bill or similar, we respectfully ask that it is forwarded to this office in order for us to review and present to our client.
        In response to your request for the servicing agreement, we do not agree that we obliged to provide you with a copy as you are not a party to our agreement with the original creditor, we are not obliged to share a copy of the document with you due to it being subject to confidentiality and the fact that it contains commercially sensitive information.
        Similarly, no notice of Default can be provided. A default is not reported on debt relating to energy arrears in the same manner as would be reported on missed payments in relation to a loan or credit card.
        If you are unable to provide any of the above supporting documents as requested, we invite you to contact our office on the number above to entre into an agreement and /or to settle the outstanding balance in an attempt to avoid the need for any further legal action.

yours sincerely
        xxx legal

Comment

They've misunderstood 'service agreement', you are asking for their agreement / T & C's for supplying the address they clam you were at the time of billing.

Have you got evidence of the following? Documents, dates of contact etc.

'Should you have any evidence to support your position such as a tenancy agreement, council tax bill or similar, we respectfully ask that it is forwarded to this office in order for us to review and present to our client.'

Have they responded to your Subject Access Request?

Comment

They've misunderstood 'service agreement', you are asking for their agreement / T & C's for supplying the address they clam you were at the time of billing.

Have you got evidence of the following? Documents, dates of contact etc.

'Should you have any evidence to support your position such as a tenancy agreement, council tax bill or similar, we respectfully ask that it is forwarded to this office in order for us to review and present to our client.'

Have they responded to your Subject Access Request?
            I think they understood the service agreement I asked them to provide but they are playing this game now. This can easily be resolve by contacting the landlord. I have all the documents including council tax and bank statements but I always believed that as the claimant they have to provide the evidence they have rather than going fishing hoping to get paid by making false claims.

No they have not responded to my subject access request. The above is the only response I've got from them and in it they admit receiving both requests..
            "In response to your request for the servicing agreement, we do not agree that we obliged to provide you with a copy as you are not a party to our agreement with the original creditor, we are not obliged to share a copy of the document with you due to it being subject to confidentiality and the fact that it contains commercially sensitive information.
            Similarly, no notice of Default can be provided. A default is not reported on debt relating to energy arrears in the same manner as would be reported on missed payments in relation to a loan or credit card."

Comment

a) This can easily be resolve by contacting the landlord.

They aren't going to do that.

b) I have all the documents including council tax and bank statements but I always believed that as the claimant they have to provide the evidence they have rather than going fishing hoping to get paid by making false claims.

The thing is that if the matter can be resolved without a Hearing then that is what both parties should try to do. If you can provide the evidence then you should do so, it's in your interests to do so.

Comment

a) This can easily be resolve by contacting the landlord.

They aren't going to do that.

b) I have all the documents including council tax and bank statements but I always believed that as the claimant they have to provide the evidence they have rather than going fishing hoping to get paid by making false claims.

The thing is that if the matter can be resolved without a Hearing then that is what both parties should try to do. If you can provide the evidence then you should do so, it's in your interests to do so.
                Dearest ECHAT11,

Good afternoon and I hope you are well.
                I just wanted to say thank you for all your help
                I will contact my local council to provide a council tax statements for the period mentioned and I will send it to them.
                You are absolutely gold, thank you very much and have a great day
                Liz

Comment

Originally posted by alizzzz View Post

Dearest ECHAT11,

Good afternoon and I hope you are well.
                  I just wanted to say thank you for all your help
                  I will contact my local council to provide a council tax statements for the period mentioned and I will send it to them.
                  You are absolutely gold, thank you very much and have a great day
                  Liz
                  I would ask TM Legal Services for an extension, just in case the Council 'drag their feet' getting the requested information to you. Send an email.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X