• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BHTV compliance notice from the HMCTS after 8 months

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BHTV compliance notice from the HMCTS after 8 months

    Wishing you all a good day. So today I received a notice letter from the HMCTS regarding an amount that I supposedly owe for reasons that I am not aware of. When I called them up they said its for some issue from July 2022. However, from July 2022 to January 2023 I received no information/letters/mails or notices - that's 8 months of new communication from anyone. Can anyone help me in understanding what I can do about this?

    Just to give further context:
    1: I was living in my university accomodation in July 2022 (when the supposed problem occured) - I still have no idea what though.
    2: I moved out in September 2022 and before moving out checked for any pending letters in the mail room - there were none
    3: From September 2022 to January 2023 I received no letters and no information - even after changing my address on my licence. That is 8 months since the "problem"
    4: The notice was apparently issued on 5th Jan 2023 but I only received it on 12th Jan 2023 and now they are forcing me to make the payment in a couple of days without providing any reasoning

    Any help will be really appreciated since these letters are sort of scary. Also could someone tell me what BHTV compliance is all about?

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Peppersmoked; 12th January 2023, 14:25:PM. Reason: To provide further context and information
    Tags: None

  • #2
    BHTV = Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Thames Valley.

    Do you own a car? Did you update the address on the logbook (V5C)?


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    1 of 2 < >

    Support LegalBeagles

    Donate with PayPal button

    LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    2 of 2 < >


    Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence
    Set Aside Application
    Witness Statements
    Directions Questionnaire
    Statute Barred Letter

    If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

    NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
    Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

    Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

    If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

    We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
    If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm