• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form received. Guidance for next steps would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form received. Guidance for next steps would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Received a claim? Yes/No: Yes
    Issue Date: 14 September 2022
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes on 6/10/2022
    Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000) £6600
    Claimant’s Name: LC Asset 2 SARL, 20 rue de la poste, L-2346, Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
    Solicitors Firm: Kearns Solicitors, Brecon House, 3 Caerphilly, Business Park, Caerphilly
    Original Creditor: Barclaycard plc
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit card
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    The Claimant (C) claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and opened effective from 19/08/2013. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA) was signed by the Defendant (D) and from which credit was extended to D. D failed comply with a Default Notice served pursuant to s87 (1) CCA and by 28/12/2018 a default was recorded. As at 29/11/2021 the Defendant owed Barclaycard plc the sum of 5,600.00. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to C effective 29/11/2021 and made regular upon C serving a Notice of Assignment upon D shortly thereafter. And C claims - 1. 5,600.00 2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (1984) at a rate of 8% per Annum from 29/11/2021 to 14/09/2021 of 331.48. And thereafter at a daily rate of 1.20 to date of judgment or sooner payment.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    *I have no recollection of being issued a Default Notice on 28/12/2018
    *I have no recollection of being notified that the debt was legally assigned on 29/11/2021
    Last edited by SunshineK; 11th October 2022, 20:36:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi there, Legal Beagles, Today is the 28th day since I received my Court Claim. But, I'm not sure what to do.

Should I send off the N9 form today? Or the CCA Request Letter. Or both?

And, if I do send off the CCA Request letter, how do I ask for more time?

If anyone can help that would be wonderful, thank you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X