• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unpaid CCJ - sent to wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid CCJ - sent to wrong address

Hi everyone - hoping you can help...

Today I received a letter of NOTICE OF DEBT RECOVERY - Unpaid County Court Judgement of £185 from Direct Collection Bailiffs. In short I have logged on to their site and found it is from a parking fine - this is the first communication I have had re this fine EVER. After some googling, one credit score website is indeed showing up the CCJ as unpaid and date of county court judgement was Feb 2021. It also says CCJ was issued to my OLD registered address, which I moved out of in May 2019. It doesnt help that I was a student at University at this time so constantly changing addresses, bills in different places etc. I will also call the CC in Northampton on Monday when they open.

My credit score has now dropped over 380 points because of this and I am in my early 20s and looking to buy a house in the next few years hopefully so I am super stressed by this. Ideally I want to submit a N244 to remove the CCJ from my record completely (I have not yet paid the CCJ £185 because of this). Just unsure whether I have a good enough of a claim to prove all communication re fine, court claim etc was sent to my old address which I no longer lived in. Ofc had I received letters I would have paid the fine, and at the very least, paid the CCJ within 30 days so it did not stay on my record - however as I am only finding out about the CCJ 18 months later from a debt collectors letter I did not know this. (Experian, which I normally check my credit score on, does not show the CCJ at all so I would never have noticed it off my own back).

Evidence that I have that letters were sent to wrong address:
    - I changed my address to my NEW address in 2019 on the electoral role (not sure how I can pinpoint the exact month I did this - this is what credit score website is telling me). As the CCJ was issued at the end of Feburary 2021, my thoughts are, if the debt collection agency was sending loads of letters to my old address re fines, surely they should have made 'reasonable adjustments' to confirm my actual address (which was listed on the electoral role) before passing my details to the courts to issue a CCJ.
    - I believe my mistake is there was a delay in updating my address on the DVLA. However my new one was on electoral role - and clearly they had recieved no reply from me at my old address.

I just don't know what process the bailiffs/courts use to determine address and if I have a good claim to prove that all letters and CCJ was sent to the wrong address and the company collecting the fine should have been able to find out that - mainly bc I was delayed in updating my DVLA address which is my own fault at the age of 20!!

Any advice welcomed as I am v stressed!!
    Tags: None

They get address and keepers name from the DVLA not the electoral roll

Comment

You can apply to set aside the judgement https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X