• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC taking me to small claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC taking me to small claims

Hi All,

Cant find any post specific to my issue so ive began a new thread.

​UKPC are taking my missus to small claims as she is the registered keeper for our car which was parked at a KFC for 5mins. Read on other forums to ignore any letters as they cant do anything without knowing who the driver is which is what we did. However, we are now further on from that now and at the point where we have just received a small claims track form to fill in. Previous to this my missus said she will defend this as she wasnt the driver(I was but she was with me). They then said they will proceed despite this.
    We dont know whats best to do regarding this form. Theres an option of mediation. Can UKPC win even though my missus hqs said she wasnt driving?
    Thanks for any help/responses.
    Tags: None

ostell maybe able to assist here?

Comment

It would help to have things like the original PCN

Comment

Hi,

I dont think we have the original letter/charge sent but I have the letter sent from QDR Solicitors on behalf of UKPC.

Back story was we visted a mcdonalds on a shopping park/estate for breakfast on our way out for the day. I wanted to park up to eat in the car but there were no spaces so I parked in the KFC car park next to mcdonalds to eat. As it was still part of the shopping complex I presumed there would be no issues. I did not notice any signs. We parked up for around 5mins to eat then left to continue our journey.

Ive attached a pic of the location too.

Comment

Pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            It would help to have things like the original PCN
            Hi Ostell, apologies for jumping on this thread I am looking for your help with being taken to court by Highview Parking. I tried sending ou a message directly but the site won't let me. Should I do my own general post? SAMSUNGASONG apologies for polluting your post.

Comment

Forestfan Please start a new thread
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Can you get photos of signs, especially in the KFC area

Comment

Thanks Ostell, I will get them and post on here in the morning.

Comment

So how much have the fined you bit odd this?

Comment

Hi Sloane82,

We originally got sent a letter telling us to pay £70 I think. We got caught by one of those registration reading cameras. As stated above, I ignored these letters after taking advice on another forum. Eventually they increased the amount to around £180 once it was passed to their solicitors. They have now progressed this to small claims. The point we are at now is we have been sent a small claims form to fill in and sent back. Thats what I need advice about.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Been down just now and dont remember seeing these signs a year ago. Plus they now have a barrier thats closed...

Comment

Pics..
                          Attached Files

Comment

So original PCN ?

Comment

I've managed to find the original PCN...
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X