• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Management fees for shared freehold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Management fees for shared freehold

Hi
    My sister is a director as part of a housing management company where she is amongst 6 directors who are also owners of flats in the same building.
    She is currently out of the country and has previously suddenly found a court judgment issued against her for costs owed including legal fees. She had not received an original summons and none had been sent to the address listed in Companies House for her under this directorship.
    One of the other directors has been quite spiteful and although she is aware of my sister’s email address has now engaged a lawyer for recovery of a further amount plus legal fees which my sister has not previously been notified about.
    I am wondering about the following:
    1- is there any way to find out if any court summons has been issued to avoid a repeat of what happened last time? I am unsure which address this may have been sent to.
    2- should the other directors have evidence that a notice of bills has been received or is it reasonable to expect that they would at least try to email my sister about any outstanding bills before involving a lawyer and make her liable for legal costs?
    3- My sister has another directorship for which a virtual office is used (for which she does not collect the correspondence while abroad as she only ever receives marketing/ junk mail). This virtual address is not the one listed for her for the housing management company in Companies House. As such, would the other director be deemed to have given her notice if she had sent a letter to the virtual address rather than that listed for her in Companies House under this specific directorship?

This is causing her quite a lot of anxiety as she feels the other director is trying to deliberately drive her out.

many thanks.
    Tags: None

"Notice of Bill" ?? you across the pond in USA this is a UK site?

Comment

The references to Companies House suggest UK, Mike.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Ah missed that but term mainly used usa. oppppssss

Comment

Hi. Yes. We’re in UK. Would appreciate any advice particularly as regards becoming aware of any impending law cases. Thanks

Comment

The fees are presumably associated with her ownership of the flat, in which case the address for service at HMLR is what matters. I assume that is te property address.

Comment

Yes, it’s the property address. Would any court summons need to be sent to the property address then? Is there any way to check if there is any outstanding court summons in case this is not received as happened last time? Many thanks

Comment

If the court summons arises directky from the lease then it goes to that address.
                She needs to ger her addresses for service sorted out if the Companies House address is different.

Comment

Is there a way to remotely check if there are any impending court cases against her? Would you know who she should contact to check or can she do an online search? Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X